• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had a little mishap with my flashlube supply today 🥵. Noticed level hadn't dropped - probably for months now! Tried to adjust it but stupidly did it with engine off. When I started up clouds of white smoke poured outoif exhaust and flashlube level dropped by half 🥶.
PMd Simon @Lpgc who came up with good advice even though he hadn't installed system. Taken it out for a drive as far away from houses and people as possible and smoking has died right down. Phew!! Think I got away with it but without Simons advice to drive it sooner rather than later could gave been quite different outcome.
Thumbs up again for Simon! Cheers!!

I have extremely busy this week.
Took the van for MOT monday morning...nice suprise passed with no advisories...BUT
Since then i have fitted.

Front lower arms front poly bushes.
Front lower arms rear poy bushes.
Rear discs.
Rear pads.
Rear handbrake shoes.
New caliper pins & one new caliper carrier.
4 new wheel studs. (so called tyre fitter cannot put bolts on square.)
20 new wheel nuts.
Airlift 1000 rear airbags. Routed air lines into the rear cubby hole, with T piece so one shrader valve pumps both sides
Rear bottom arm. (bush worn)
Rear subframe/chasis poly bushes.
And...controversial i know....(can of worms). Fitted new TOW BAR!!

Its been a long week, but the ride now is far better. No klonking & with the air bags with only 15psi the ride is far more stable, well happy.

View attachment 54332View attachment 54333View attachment 54335View attachment 54336View attachment 54338View attachment 54339View attachment 54340View attachment 54343View attachment 54345View attachment 54346
Bloody good job!

Just finished LPG conversion of another E51 from Scotland that was brought to me yesterday morning, the owner's mum and dad brought it to me for their daughter. On the way here they had a blow-out of the nsr tyre that looks down to the cord on the inner edge and some of the other tyres don't look much better, they did half the mileage to here with the spacesaver spare fitted. Tomorrow morning they will be collecting the Elgrand from me and we've arranged that I'll be showing them to my mate's very local tyre fitting place for 4 new tyres fitted. The 245/40/19 tyres will be special order for said mate but it's been arranged and he'll have them. Spacesaver supposedly limited to 50mph but was OK for a short period at a ton during LPG calibration, just not round any right hand bends...

Last edited:
Just finished LPG conversion of another E51 from Scotland that was brought to me yesterday morning, the owner's mum and dad brought it to me for their daughter. On the way here they had a blow-out of the nsr tyre that looks down to the cord on the inner edge and some of the other tyres don't look much better, they did half the mileage to here with the spacesaver spare fitted. Tomorrow morning they will be collecting the Elgrand from me and we've arranged that I'll be showing them to my mate's very local tyre fitting place for 4 new tyres fitted. The 245/40/19 tyres will be special order for said mate but it's been arranged and he'll have them. Spacesaver supposedly limited to 50mph but was OK for a short period at a ton during LPG calibration, just not round any right hand bends...
Original Jap tyres?

Original Jap tyres?
Aftermarket alloys so can't be the original tyres, couldn't really be anyway even if it were on standard wheels because it's done 139702km which is more mileage than original tyres could have lasted.. But I haven't looked in detail at sidewall markings and maybe wouldn't be able to tell anyway whether they were fitted in Japan or in the UK.

There may also be an issue causing wear, e.g. a track rod end or camber issue. The handling is unusual but that might be expected anyway with it having the space saver fitted. Usually on a car if front tracking is toed-in it will help prevent tramlining and may help straight line stability at the expense of turn-in and vice-versa. This one does turn-in sharply but less predictably than most, but all of this is subjective and most likely more than offset by it having the space-saver fitted.

Thought I'll be proactive during my furlough week, So today I spent all day sorting out the ICE in the van.
So previously.....

I found the Japanese Tuner in the owners handbook box and flare under the glove box.
20210419_144157.jpg

It had the power leads, RCAs and aerials connected.
20210610_200652.jpg

I sourced a UK TV box off eBay and finally installed it today along with a cheap double DIN stereo from my other car. Had to rearrange the pins on the connector to the TV box as they were different but it all works. Oh did try tapping into the vans aerials for the TV but it wasn't picking up channels very well so I've installed the amplified one that came with the box.

This is the UK TV box
20210610_200645.jpg

Amplified aerial.
20210610_200747.jpg

The TV working on all screens.

20210610_144105.jpg

Pretty happy with the result. Still deciding on getting a better stereo but want a DVD version but it's getting difficult to get in 7" screen. Can get the Xtrons 10" but the screen is too big as wouldn't be able to change gear. Wanted the Pioneer but after playing with it in Halfords, I've seen that it isn't Android based so everything is mirrored using phone. Would rather have Android system. Think might just leave DVD and get just a double din screen as more choice and also there ain't much space behind the dash with all those adaptor plugs. 🤣

Following the lead of a few others, I replaced my knob with a fancier one!

View attachment 55932

Love this...a few questions:

Does the OEM knob come off with brute force or screw off?

What thread size is needed to fit replacement?

Link to the one you bought please 🙏

It just screws off - might be a little bit tight at first but not much.

then I bought this one, next day delivery on Amazon so you could be sporting one by tomorrow!

Not sure what the thread size was but it came with 3 adapters and the middle sized on fit.

Well we fitted the anti roll bar bushes( front) but that verdamt knock/clunk/bang is still there:sob:. Next to replace will be the swing arm bushes.On the bright side had an emissions check done and it past!:laughing: .But the rear brake drums appear to be warped according to the brake testing so ordering those in now. I WILL GET THIS THROUGH THE MOT!.:joy::joy::joy:

It just screws off - might be a little bit tight at first but not much.

then I bought this one, next day delivery on Amazon so you could be sporting one by tomorrow!

Not sure what the thread size was but it came with 3 adapters and the middle sized on fit.
Legend, thank you

The Elgrand gear selector thread is M10 x 1.25mm pitch 😁👍

Today I took my Elgrand for a Hunter four wheel alignment and had another new tyre fitted to my spare Rider wheel as the original spare wheel was from a HWS and the tyre dated 2002. No point in having a spare you can't rely on, so I had a reasonable budget tyre put on which I can trust not to blowout should it be called into service.

The alignment was all ok on the front and just needed toe adjusting, but the rear adjusters were seized solid so will need sorting. Can't use heat as they have rubber bushings. Luckily, three of the setting were within spec, just the offside toe is a bit out so will probably need some angle grinder action and a new bolt.

IMG_20210611_121106_7.jpg

Back