• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well had the strut top replaced......that didn't fix the clonk,so will have to do more investigation as to what is causing it. I am wondering if it's the drivers door hinge as it definitely needs fixing as the door drops about a quarter of an inch when you open it. It could also be the anti roll bar bushes or the bottom ball joint or the track rod end etc etc etc. Have received the service kit so that's booked for Wednesday 👍☺️. Also today stuck all the disabled/ medical equipment/ oxygen warning stickers on. Ruins the look abit but must have them in place.
Ball joints and drop link are very common on these to cause clunk's. I've had them replaced on mine several times over the years.

Took my HS to the guy who fitted my valve lube. It wasn't dispensing at all. A HS with a lady owner from Goole pulled in before me for an LPG service. Told her about Elgrand OC. So we may have a new member arriving soon. Valve lube sorted. Just love this vehicle enjoying it more every day.

Air and cabin filter changed. Front and rear dashcams fitted. Front LED indicators done, just waiting for sunny day to do rears. Internal LED lights done. Autostrada Cruise control fitted. AV cable fitted behind panelling. Both floppy wind deflectors removed, cleaned and fitted using Gorilla Tape. Just ordering engine, front and rear diffs and transfer box oils. Got front and rear ARB drop links ready to fit. Got bonnet deflector ready to fit after I have done the stone chips. Not even half way through my list yet. :eek:

Hi, My name is Ron and I drive a 2006 Highway Star. I have been a member for a wile but never posted anything up until yesterday. I have been checking in on the site from time to time to see what everybody is up to. Here is what I have done to mine. Mine is pretty much standard but I fitted a kitchen pod in the back and I am using it as a day van. Let me know what you think. Thanks.View attachment 54003View attachment 54004View attachment 54005
Hi Ron. I love your pod!
Is it removable?
I’d love to do something similar using the seat rails as fixing points When holidaying, but remove it when not travelling.

Hi Ron. I love your pod!
Is it removable?
I’d love to do something similar using the seat rails as fixing points When holidaying, but remove it when not travelling.
Hi Ian,
It is removable and it has 3 tie down points. I upgraded the lashing rings to metal ones and hook and eye turnbuckles are used to secure the back. At the front I have used the seat rails as a fixing point. Hope this helps.

Just looked at her on the way to work and coming back home, visualising what I'm going to do

Decisions, desicions, also, money, money,money lol

Hi Ian,
It is removable and it has 3 tie down points. I upgraded the lashing rings to metal ones and hook and eye turnbuckles are used to secure the back. At the front I have used the seat rails as a fixing point. Hope this helps.
Thanks.
More great ideas to add to (very long) list 😎

They is a easy mod with a washer to stop the door dropping and line it up for when closing
Thankyou, I hadn't thought of that , I hope the hinge pin isn't worn as some on here have reported.I will certainly have a look at that when the door comes off !.

I made them , I can send u the sizes of it helps ,
Thankyou but I don't have the facilities to make something as good as that.....but you have awoken my fertile imagination and I have several ideas to try out.After all after making these, some hinge pieces shouldn't be to hard lol

Attachments

• phone pics 096.jpg
    phone pics 096.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 6
Ball joints and drop link are very common on these to cause clunk's. I've had them replaced on mine several times over the years.
Those were going to be my next point of investigation, I've had one let go when I was much much younger, a very hairy moment or two, don't think I want that to happen now at my age, don't think my nerves would handle that to well lol. And the Elgrand is a lot bigger than a Morris Marina !!!!!

Thankyou, I hadn't thought of that , I hope the hinge pin isn't worn as some on here have reported.I will certainly have a look at that when the door comes off !.
So why is the door coming off ??? Hinge pin is pressed in , like a big rivot, only way is to cut it and knock out, I made new ones like a bolt , to lift door undo bottom hinge take nuts right off , get someone to lift door till door studding just clears hinge , drop a washer on bottom stud drop door studs back into hinge and tighten nuts back on , check door for height if still low repeat again but I’ve only had to one washer , if u need brass bushes give me a shout

So why is the door coming off ??? Hinge pin is pressed in , like a big rivot, only way is to cut it and knock out, I made new ones like a bolt , to lift door undo bottom hinge take nuts right off , get someone to lift door till door studding just clears hinge , drop a washer on bottom stud drop door studs back into hinge and tighten nuts back on , check door for height if still low repeat again but I’ve only had to one washer , if u need brass bushes give me a shout
Many thanks, sounds a lot different to car door hinges I've worked on before lol

Took the wife out for her first proper run in the Elgrand down to Shrewsbury hospital for an appointment. She loved the Elgrand, She liked the Bongo but loved the Elgrand. Whilst in the car park there an attendant there asked what the Elgrand was like as he was thinking of getting one shortly. I "enthused" about the Elgrand lol

Back