• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Picked up my van after steering rack swap.
No more clunking noise, just the occasional twang 🤔
Though need to get tracking done as the steering wheel is far from straight 🤣

Also poly bushes and new ball joints. No comment on ride difference yet as tracking is way off.
Hmm a twang doesn't sound good!
Hope they didn't move the steering wheel while it was dismantled or it could knacker and snap the squib/clock ring

Hope they didn't move the steering wheel while it was dismantled or it could knacker and snap the squib/clock ring
Yes, like I managed but it's possible to trim the ribbon and solder it back on.

Twang sounds more like from suspension spring area.
Will see how it goes after tracking on Thursday.

Driving to work this morning noticed my driver's side headlight was out, turned them off and on again and it comes back on again for a short while then goes off again. Hopefully it will just be a bulb and not the balest failing.

Highs and lows today.

Rear speakers and door close started playing up when I opened the side door. Crackles when fully open.

As well as the epic fix for rear fogs suggested on the forum (dual colour led’s) I found some dual colour indicators. So, now I have two rear fog lights, two indicators and four reverse lights!

Still no boot light fix.....

But broke out the summer toy.

#firstworldproblems.

Driving to work this morning noticed my driver's side headlight was out, turned them off and on again and it comes back on again for a short while then goes off again. Hopefully it will just be a bulb and not the balest failing.
Hopefully just the bulb and not the ballast failing, replaced 1 already as one of mine got a bit wet when the water was up to me grill back in 2019, it only got wet as light casing was cracked which I didn't see until I took grill of 🤬. It's a pain in the ass as the ballast is on the bottom of the light casing so the light had to come of after removing the bumper (partially) as there is a bolt on the side at the bottom of the light behind the bumper still not got round to doing the other side yet. Will do it when I have a week of in the summer as I want to spray the bumper. 2 birds 1stone 🥴.

Renewed my love hate with G30. Looking stunning in the sun after a clean :heart_eyes: - then spend the next hour chasing watermarks and tutting over minor imperfections :sob:
One of the most beautiful colours of the Elgrand but with it comes with the pain of keeping it clean

Hopefully just the bulb and not the ballast failing, replaced 1 already as one of mine got a bit wet when the water was up to me grill back in 2019, it only got wet as light casing was cracked which I didn't see until I took grill of 🤬. It's a pain in the ass as the ballast is on the bottom of the light casing so the light had to come of after removing the bumper (partially) as there is a bolt on the side at the bottom of the light behind the bumper still not got round to doing the other side yet. Will do it when I have a week of in the summer as I want to spray the bumper. 2 birds 1stone 🥴.
It’s the bulb had the same problem with daiseys lights .. the ballast is a sealed unit so shouldn’t break down ..

It’s just the bulb . Ballast normally last ..

Did a tip run to Hayling after a mahoosive shed clearout yesterday. Then toddled on down to the ferry car park for a look at Eastney from the other side and made a pretty picture.

IMG_20210303_114647_7.jpg

im still waiting on paint for my grill:rolleyes: all masked and ready to go :cool:and just started on my engine cover then when it stops raining ill sand the holes in my replacement bumper and a quick coat of filler spray :worried:

This afternoon I began a little project with an Arduino and some LED rings. I wrote a simple sketch to get me started with a slow repeating pattern. With some further development it may be something I could offer in a plug and play format should there be enough interest.

View attachment VID_20210303_165835 (1).mp4

This afternoon I began a little project with an Arduino and some LED rings. I wrote a simple sketch to get me started with a slow repeating pattern. With some further development it may be something I could offer in a plug and play format should there be enough interest.

View attachment 50190
Nice work dude 👌

Back