• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Gave the bus a wash today, how do people clean the roof? I don't think mine has ever been washed.

Was thinking pop out of the sunroof and wash?
You don't, you leave a dirty Brazilian. Still not had the weather to clean it again 😭 our lounge is on the first floor so I have to look at the roof every day too 😂

Screenshot_20201116_234158.jpg

I've ordered a set of these longer struts, I've so far smashed both my head and also my 2 year old son's head into the stupid thing. I'd always assumed it was just built that way for JDM (same when filling the thing up with petrol - need to kneel down pretty much!) but then reading this thread realised I'm an idiot and the fact it's sat on coilovers probably isn't helping!
Which struts did you order? I've just ordered these and now hoping I got the correct ones as I bookmarked them months ago.

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gsc2865-Nissan-el-grand-tailgate-strut

Hi I bought these from SGS a couple of years ago, still working well and good lift to 90 degrees to easily walk under:

GS10-22-350-400 B4 Bespoke struts 2 @ 43.98

Plastic Ball Socket with M8 Internal
Thread 4 @ £0 (included)
Total Cost £59.76 (including VAT and postage)

Hi I bought these from SGS a couple of years ago, still working well and good lift to 90 degrees to easily walk under:

GS10-22-350-400 B4 Bespoke struts 2 @ 43.98

Plastic Ball Socket with M8 Internal
Thread 4 @ £0 (included)
Total Cost £59.76 (including VAT and postage)

I've wanted to do this for ages and appears I've now gone and ordered the wrong item 🙈

I don't think the one I ordered has the longer 10mm ball joints. I'll cancel and follow what everyone else has ordered. Cheers for the part numbers 👍

Set height to lowest recommended and if my calculations are correct then looks like this.

Yet to go for a drive and see how it feels properly set up.

Attachments

• 20201122_120141.jpg
    20201122_120141.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 18
Expensive weekend, booked the wagon in for an oil/filter change while on the ramps had a good look and found the inside edge of the all the tyres were almost down to the wire. Got my local tyre guys to fit four new ones 235-45-19 then put it on the ramps and did the tracking for free.

Attachments

• IMG_20200322_153340.jpg
    IMG_20200322_153340.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 10
Got a bit festive and put the lights up, whilst the weather was good. Elf-grand enjoying being the centrepiece of the display, typical!334B98CB-9FFF-495B-9AE9-C6DEE0074AD3.jpeg

Today I did nothing with my van as I was out drinking watching the mighty Aberdeen getting humped by one half of the glasgow gruesome twosome.

Yesterday I took it up to her parents, washed, polished, and wrapped it up for the winter in a lock up. No more Elgarand till around the end of March. The made to measure cover fitted a treat.

Back