• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

From what I've gleaned the Rider has shorter 355mm stiffer springs. There are also different size lower mounts. Standard springs are 385mm. I think the XL has both the thicker mounts and longer springs.
I've seen the 25% uprated springs for the rear and was going to get them a long with poly bushes all round to stiffen things up a little.

The 25% stiffer springs, do you know if they would be suitable for a model X? I wasn't aware there were 2 sizes. More research needed 🧐

The springs should fit all models, only the length and stiffness vary. The 25% uprated springs will raise your ride height. Someone here fitted them to a Rider and it looked higher than an XL.

The springs should fit all models, only the length and stiffness vary. The 25% uprated springs will raise your ride height. Someone here fitted them to a Rider and it looked higher than an XL.
Hmm not sure if that's what I'm wanting then to be honest. I imagine raising the centre of gravity at the rear will negatively impact handling.

Fitted the dual air horns off eBay. £13 job. Not obnoxiously loud and sounds like truck horns. Not high pitch like toy cars or those hand held air horns.
Tucked nicely behind lower half of grill and bumper.

I think I blew the horn fuse as didn't use a relay (wasn't sure if OEM horn had a relay already in the circuit, guess not) so will need to find a spare relay to add in.

I don't think any other models are as high as XL. Rider and hws had sports springs and were about 15mm lower than v, VG, X and xl.
Though my XL looks like it's on stilts.

Hmm not sure if that's what I'm wanting then to be honest. I imagine raising the centre of gravity at the rear will negatively impact handling.
The owner that did this fitted the stiffer springs all round so it just ended up looking like an XL. If your springs are tired and saggy then best fit some new standard spec ones. Probably be better off changing the shocks in the first instance if it's a bit bouncy.

I don't think any other models are as high as XL. Rider and hws had sports springs and were about 15mm lower than v, VG, X and xl.
Though my XL looks like it's on stilts.
Have you any side pictures? I can't imagine it being any higher than my 'X' to be honest, it'd topple over if any higher lol

IMG_20200918_194234.jpg

X and XL likely have the same suspension set up then.

Fitted the dual air horns off eBay. £13 job. Not obnoxiously loud and sounds like truck horns. Not high pitch like toy cars or those hand held air horns.
Tucked nicely behind lower half of grill and bumper.

I think I blew the horn fuse as didn't use a relay (wasn't sure if OEM horn had a relay already in the circuit, guess not) so will need to find a spare relay to add in.
There is no mention of horn wiring in the manual. I was bad and just fitted a 15A fuse for my air horns as they are so rarely used I didn't add a relay. I think it's just the initial surge current from the compressor that does for the 10A.

Have you any side pictures? I can't imagine it being any higher than my 'X' to be honest, it'd topple over if any higher lol

View attachment 43106
No decent pics yet but there's just over 2" gap between top of tyre and arch.

I've got some twin coilovers to do over the weekend so I'll take pics then. Before and after.
Think my OEM suspension is all ok but too bouncy for my liking, I'm used to sports suspension and hugging seats, not used to the feeling of toppling over round bends.

No decent pics yet but there's just over 2" gap between top of tyre and arch
On the original Rider springs mine had about 1cm gap between tyre and arch. It's actually higher now with the Teins as I wound them up for a starting point and now need to adjust them down a bit.

There is no mention of horn wiring in the manual. I was bad and just fitted a 15A fuse for my air horns as they are so rarely used I didn't add a relay. I think it's just the initial surge current from the compressor that does for the 10A.
Good idea. They work fine now on 15amp fuse? Even if you blast it for long time?

Be interesting to see wiring diagram of OEM horn to see if they had a relay or not.

I couldn't find it in the manual, all it shows is how to remove the horns themselves. You are welcome to have a search. Just click on the word fast in my signature and follow the links.

I couldn't find it in the manual, all it shows is how to remove the horns themselves. You are welcome to have a search. Just click on the word fast in my signature and follow the links.
Wow that's amazing the amount of stuff you have there! 👍

I've got some twin coilovers to do over the weekend so I'll take pics then. Before and after.
Think my OEM suspension is all ok but too bouncy for my liking, I'm used to sports suspension and hugging seats, not used to the feeling of toppling over round bends.
Yes, same. Though I can't see myself going down the coilover route.

I do use CG Locks on the seat belt to pin my hips into the chair. I can't stand driving or being a passenger in a car without them these days, had them around 10 years.

I can heartily recommend fitting stiffer ARB's, made more difference than anything on my bus.

I can heartily recommend fitting stiffer ARB's, made more difference than anything on my bus.
ARB or ARB bushes? Will consider that if coilovers still too soft. Where should one look for stiffer ARB?

I think I'd be better off with bucket seats 🤣

ARB or ARB bushes? Will consider that if coilovers still too soft. Where should one look for stiffer ARB?

I think I'd be better off with bucket seats 🤣
ARBs are available from the usual online sources. I was very fortunate to bag a pair of Nismo ones from a fellow member. I used Powerflex bushes on the front and Nissan bushes on the rear.

Today, replaced the blown horn fuse and purchased a 30 amp relay to wire for air horn. Had a peek in Halfords and their air horn suggested a 20 amp fuse.

Also bought a cheap £10 thick rubber boot mat from Costco and installed. DIY cut the slots for 3rd seat rail.
Fits fairly nice, only a little short at the sides (1cm) but for £10, can't complain 👍

Back