• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

bummer mate :( but at least your suspenders are sorted ;) and as a side note who was it that done your rider seatbelt pads

It's all good fun stempy 💪👍
Keep up the good work and feel free to post some photos to get the rest of us motivated.

bummer mate :( but at least your suspenders are sorted ;) and as a side note who was it that done your rider seatbelt pads
It's no biggie really, just annoying that I can't get it done. As I'm replacing the suspension strut and the ARB together, all I really need to do is chop the old Drop links in half and rip it all out. Fingers crossed that Brian is as on the ball as usual.

Seat belt pads lovingly crafted by Mrs @dognero.

good to hear and lize sent me a link for the fair lady pm sent waiting reply :cool:

Went to the tip with half and old BBQ, assorted trash which I'd loaded last night.
The rear was now home to a green Caterpillar and a couple of enormous spider webs.
I hate spiders in cars as they hide and you can never find the little blighters for weeks.
Same here, went to the mother-in-laws on Sunday with the Elgrand and a horse box to clear her rubbish as she's moving...filled both and still at least one Elgrand full to get. So today Ellie has done 4 trips to the dump and we still have some left in the drive! She's now having a well earned rest lol...as are we! Getting/got too old for this but local guy wanted over £800 to do it.

It's no biggie really, just annoying that I can't get it done. As I'm replacing the suspension strut and the ARB together, all I really need to do is chop the old Drop links in half and rip it all out. Fingers crossed that Brian is as on the ball as usual.

Seat belt pads lovingly crafted by Mrs @dognero.
Which will be more difficult, cutting the old drop links off, or opening the packaging from BMR???

Today I failed. First I went out for a spin to try the new rear ARB for the first time. Very pleased with the result. Made more difference than the new shocks.

Buoyant with the feeling of success I set about dismantling the front end. Removed the wiper scuttle then up on the jacks, wheel off, unclipped the brake pipe and ABS sensor wire, undid the two lower strut mounting bolts, just the drop link to remove. Why oh why did I leave the drop link nut until last? Should have known from experience that they are usually complete bastards to remove.

So, you guessed it, wouldn't budge. Even using a flat drive socket it rounded off. Bollocks. So now it seems my only option is to buy new drop links and cut the the old ones off with a grinder. I'll now have to reassemble it all so it's driveable while I obtain the new drop links, by which time the rain will have set in. GGggrrrr.
Not a failure just a minor set back at least you will have nice new drop links to go with your set up 😃

Same here, went to the mother-in-laws on Sunday with the Elgrand and a horse box to clear her rubbish as she's moving...filled both and still at least one Elgrand full to get. So today Ellie has done 4 trips to the dump and we still have some left in the drive! She's now having a well earned rest lol...as are we! Getting/got too old for this but local guy wanted over £800 to do it.
If it were my mother-in-law, I’d be saying that using a horse box is perfectly fitting for moving that old nag’s stuff. However, your mother-in-law is most probably very charming. ;)

If it were my mother-in-law, I’d be saying that using a horse box is perfectly fitting for moving that old nag’s stuff. However, your mother-in-law is most probably very charming.
She is charming...to a point although that point is getting reached lately! She's lived in her house for some 30 odd years and it seems never thrown anything away!!! We've always jokingly called her a 'Witch' (which for some reason she's always been OK with) but she's still got the 3 witches broom sticks we bought her some 40 years ago FFS!

You’re lucky you can get on the tip with the van, i have to apply for a permit for a ‘van’ and I’m limited to 3 trips .... PER YEAR!!! I’m a bit glad as I hate using the van for such a mundane task ... she’s way above all that!

You’re lucky you can get on the tip with the van, i have to apply for a permit for a ‘van’ and I’m limited to 3 trips .... PER YEAR!!! I’m a bit glad as I hate using the van for such a mundane task ... she’s way above all that!
You shouldn't have to mate as it's not a van when I first went to tip they asked if it had seats in the back and had a look

Oh I tried .. I even showed him the seats, but he was a man with a yellow high vis, an iPad and very inflated sense of self importance... he was having none of it .... to be fair he showed me on his iPad that MPVs and campers are now classed as vans for this purpose ... the permits are free, but it’s the limit of 3 visits that’s a pain ... and we have to show our driving license on entry! It’s easier to get in to see the queen than my local refuse centre! Worlds gone mad ...

Oh I tried .. I even showed him the seats, but he was a man with a yellow high vis, an iPad and very inflated sense of self importance... he was having none of it .... to be fair he showed me on his iPad that MPVs and campers are now classed as vans for this purpose ... the permits are free, but it’s the limit of 3 visits that’s a pain ... and we have to show our driving license on entry! It’s easier to get in to see the queen than my local refuse centre! Worlds gone mad ...
That's a bit of a bummer I regularly use mine for the tip wonder if they will do that at my local on the plus side it would keep the Elgrand clean :joy:

You’re lucky you can get on the tip with the van, i have to apply for a permit for a ‘van’ and I’m limited to 3 trips .... PER YEAR!!!
WHAT! That is fecking ridiculous...3 trips a year! As @Elliematt83 says above it's not a van for fecks sake. Never had a problem here, although @Claptrap had a problem at Bracknell where they wouldn't let him in as 'it's a van' even after he showed them the interior. The reason we had to bring all the crap back home was because at my mother-in-law's local tip you have to make an appointment. FFS how do I know how long it will take to load the car and what the traffic will be like?

Cheers. I have a feeling they may need looked at too as there is the odd bit of noise when on uneven road surfaces/going over speed bumps (slowly)
Did you get this looked at Mav?
I think I might have the same issue...

same here book and 3 trips a year or it was 2 months ago last three loads i had i burnt

WHAT! That is fecking ridiculous...3 trips a year! As @Elliematt83 says above it's not a van for fecks sake. Never had a problem here, although @Claptrap had a problem at Bracknell where they wouldn't let him in as 'it's a van' even after he showed them the interior. The reason we had to bring all the crap back home was because at my mother-in-law's local tip you have to make an appointment. FFS how do I know how long it will take to load the car and what the traffic will be like?
Bet that pissed you off having to take it back :( think they thought they had me until they saw the rear seats now when I go they are cool and come over to chat Elgrand:joy:

I think a lot depends on what you're carrying sometimes too, although it shouldn't, I wasn't allowed at Bracknell but have never had a problem at Camberley.... so i just go to Camberley now :)

Back