• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

View attachment 38453After crashing the last one and it being written off i’ve Finally rejoined the Elgrand team again. Took almost 6 months. First day drove it home and changed the nav I head unit for the English translation. Discovered the joys of black leather edition, found some random Japanese wireless headphones. Realised the wing mirrors don’t close onkey fob. but that I have got more parking sensors and 360 Birdseye view.

Nice one that, good to have you back 😀

I fixed my auto power window coming back down 150mm with a handy guide from this forum ;)
Where is that please? My glass seems to drop a little slower than the mech, and I am sure is always open a fraction of a mil. Was curious if that sounded familiar to anyone, not desperate to fix it, but want to know what I would get myself into if I started...
Looked at some 2nd hand regulators but got dismayed at how much of a rip off they seem for the Elgrand. Supply and demand I guess..

I followed the instructions from the pictures. I put my window up all the way without using the auto button. Held the reset button and put window down all the way. hit the auto up and it was fixed. If the button isn't there check in the bottom of the door. I have a series 1. I think on later models they remove the reset button

I had a rattle behind the glove box so took it apart and fixed it was just a metal bracket thing that needed the screw tightening up.. but I also discovered the glove box has a soft opener that wasn't attached. So thats two little jobs done today :D

Checked the oil level, it needed a little top up - did so using my bandit cut up fairy liquid bottle funnel. Sprayed some 303 on anything that looked plastic or vinyl and in need of cleaning/protecting. Couldn’t be bothered to clean it so applied some Auto Finesse satin tyre dressing instead.

When you think after you have snow foamed and citrus blasted the car before giving it a full wool wash there wouldn't be much contamination left well look at the vlay bar results 1 pic per panel on carView attachment 38476View attachment 38476View attachment 38477View attachment 38478View attachment 38479View attachment 38480View attachment 38481View attachment 38482View attachment 38483View attachment 38484
If it doesn’t feel smooth then its not really clean.. I de tar every three months then clay bar afterwards.. it still picks up but it feels so smooth..

If it doesn’t feel smooth then its not really clean.. I de tar every three months then clay bar afterwards.. it still picks up but it feels so smooth..
Tried a bit of the auto fitness stuff quite easy to use but I go through gallons of polish n wax every month

End result from today next weekend black the blacks wax the windows and get metal buffer out for grill

Attachments

• 20200802_174711.jpg
    20200802_174711.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200802_174732.jpg
    20200802_174732.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20200802_174834.jpg
    20200802_174834.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200802_174848.jpg
    20200802_174848.jpg