• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Gave our Evie a good clean, wet wax followed by an all over wax.
img_20200403_170323-jpg.32117

Attachments

• IMG_20200403_170323.jpg
    IMG_20200403_170323.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 296
arrg mine covered in bird shit at the moment:eek: still got a good photo for tomorrow :cool:

@robert edwards ,Oh no, no one likes bird shit on an Elgrand!! :confused: Cool, thought I would get a good photo for tomorrows virtual meet....will try and get the family in it too. 👍

IF I get to wash mine it looks like it will be early in the morning, you'd think i'd have all the time in the world just now but no, someone keeps finding me jobs to do :mad:

rear calliper

Attachments

• 20200404_134638.jpg
    20200404_134638.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 13
:joy::joy:....I can imagine!!! What paints etc did you use? I have always fancied doing it but thought it might a pain. Did you remove the calipers from the vehicle?

So shes back from mechanics...I thpught was jusr front brakes and MOT but no lol

so here we go...thi slist know of so far...

Front wheel bearing
front brakes
front track rod ends...both
front drop links
Front ARB ...not sure full details but think the mounts?
2 rear tyres
spare wheel needed new tyre
2 coil packs
throttle body and EGR removal and cleaning apparently....no idea lol
MAF clean

Think thats it for now lol...but been told theres a lot more to do yet....he is getting my parts for me....gotta love not being charged full price lol

But it got MOT and believe no advisories... it had failed on the emissions a couple of hours before but the clean up of EGR etc fixed apparently

So shes back from mechanics...I thpught was jusr front brakes and MOT but no lol

so here we go...thi slist know of so far...

Front wheel bearing
front brakes
front track rod ends...both
front drop links
Front ARB ...not sure full details but think the mounts?
2 rear tyres
spare wheel needed new tyre
2 coil packs
throttle body and EGR removal and cleaning apparently....no idea lol
MAF clean

Think thats it for now lol...but been told theres a lot more to do yet....he is getting my parts for me....gotta love not being charged full price lol

But it got MOT and believe no advisories... it had failed on the emissions a couple of hours before but the clean up of EGR etc fixed apparently
Sounds expensive but at least Smokey’ll be in tip top form 👍

Definately sounds like ARB will be the D shaped bushes.

Maybe they did the cleaning as part of the stalling investigations as well as the emissions. Don’t believe they have an EGR but likely they mean cleaning the whole intake/throttle and possibly PCV parts.

Not wishing to cause alarm but with the emissions do you think the front cats are OK or did you remove those? You could have a look at the readings, high HC can point to over fuelling and since you’ve replaced spark plus I wouldn’t think it’s lack of spark but maybe to do so with the coil packs, I mention this as another cause might be cats. Here’s my emissions in case you want to compare for peace of mind:

Sounds expensive but at least Smokey’ll be in tip top form 👍

Definately sounds like ARB will be the D shaped bushes.

Maybe they did the cleaning as part of the stalling investigations as well as the emissions. Don’t believe they have an EGR but likely they mean cleaning the whole intake/throttle and possibly PCV parts.

Not wishing to cause alarm but with the emissions do you think the front cats are OK or did you remove those? You could have a look at the readings, high HC can point to over fuelling and since you’ve replaced spark plus I wouldn’t think it’s lack of spark but maybe to do so with the coil packs, I mention this as another cause might be cats. Here’s my emissions in case you want to compare for peace of mind:
Thanks @Lize

Will compare later

Yesterday one of the things I did was wash and claybar the Elgrand. Today I machine polished it. Then thought I'd wax it... but turned out the only wax I had in stock was a bit of turtle wax circa 1993 and very thickened lol... I had enough of this old wax to do the bonnet. @Karl does wax go off? Seems to have worked on the bonnet!

Back