• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

We'll just be bricking windows up in the future, that'll keep the noise out... and the neighbours!
Great idea, saves cleaning the windows and all that ballache with blinds etc.
Claptrap for PM.

Great idea, saves cleaning the windows and all that ballache with blinds etc.
Claptrap for PM.

Saves on cleaning products too, as no one would want to come round, so you wouldn't have to clean up for visitors...

And you could cook pizzas in every room, as they'd all be like kiln ovens :)

Saves on cleaning products too, as no one would want to come round, so you wouldn't have to clean up for visitors...
It's a win win. No flies in summer. Let's get rid of doors too.

Testing one of my 5 new show lights.
These are for the grill.
Tested under the bright lights in the room as they are that bright with the light off it was just a blue blur lol

Took the bus for a run up to my parents place tonight for the weekly Chinese. Drove lovely until the trip back about a mile down the motorway at about 65-70 I started to feel a vibration, like an unbalanced wheel. Pulled up on a slip road and had a look around it. Rear nearside wheel was hot and smelt of burning brakes.

Absolutely fine on the way there, so we'd done about 40 miles before it started. Had this before on a Scotland trip so that's a job when I get back from holiday.

Took the slow route home and won't now be going down to Heathrow in it tomorrow 😢

Took the bus for a run up to my parents place tonight for the weekly Chinese. Drove lovely until the trip back about a mile down the motorway at about 65-70 I started to feel a vibration, like an unbalanced wheel. Pulled up on a slip road and had a look around it. Rear nearside wheel was hot and smelt of burning brakes.

Absolutely fine on the way there, so we'd done about 40 miles before it started. Had this before on a Scotland trip so that's a job when I get back from holiday.

Took the slow route home and won't now be going down to Heathrow in it tomorrow 😢
Rear drivers side caliper sticking? Had the same problem on daisey ended up just buying a new caliper after repairing seals on it a couple of times ..

Mine's had an oil service this week with parts from @BMR (thank you!), and a set of locking wheel nuts fitted (also from @BMR ). Had the power steering belt tightened (again).

I've got a mental list of a few things to do when the weather improves:

Get the steering controls working
Re-foam the amp and get it connected to the aftermarket stereo
Replace a rattly speaker in the passenger sliding door
Refit the wind deflectors as they have pulled away from the doors slightly, leaving a gap for water to run through
Found a tiny line of rust coming through a seam on the boot door too :-(

Just chaed the oil with Mobil 1 and used a K+N HP1008 oil filter for the first time. These make it so easy as they have a 1" nut welded on the end so its easy to tightedn and to remove. Also changed to K+N "oilable" cotton air filter.

Back