• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I’ve got to have a look at the rear screen washer today at it doesn’t seem to work, is the washer motor easy to get at, has anyone done this yet?

I’ve got to have a look at the rear screen washer today at it doesn’t seem to work, is the washer motor easy to get at, has anyone done this yet?

It could be a blocked jet, I had a similar problem with my fronts not working, so brought replacements from @stevemen @ Tojo Motors, all fitted and working again, happy days :)

Last edited:
It could be a blocked jet, I had a similar problem with my fronts not workig, so brought replacements from @stevemen @ Tojo Motors, all fitted and working again, happy days :)

Thanks, yes it seems to be one washer motor for both front and back... so it may be a blockage...

It could be a blocked jet, I had a similar problem with my fronts not workig, so brought replacements from @stevemen @ Tojo Motors, all fitted and working again, happy days :)

Before you buy replacements try to push a thin piece / strand of wire into the jet. Might just be blocked with a build up of dirt.

Separate a tube joint somewhere and stuff the end in a foot pump, sometimes a bit of air pressure will clear it.

Gone round entire car with Silicone grease on all rubber seals to stop freezing and cracking etc

also greased all the hinges and runners to ensure smooth operation

Oh and topped up the oil again

Before you buy replacements try to push a thin piece / strand of wire into the jet. Might just be blocked with a build up of dirt.
Separate a tube joint somewhere and stuff the end in a foot pump, sometimes a bit of air pressure will clear it.

The garage tried everything they could think of, even had an air compressor going through it at one point... nothing :-(

washer motor is in bottle at front beside front jet from memory

washer motor is in bottle at front beside front jet from memory

Thanks, I found a pic on eBay of a second hand washer bottle and realised it has just one pump for front and rear, so didn’t bother start there as the front one was working, it was a nozzle blockage. Sorted now.

Thanks, I found a pic on eBay of a second hand washer bottle and realised it has just one pump for front and rear, so didn’t bother start there as the front one was working, it was a nozzle blockage. Sorted now.

excellent news

E50 was 2 pumps side by side so assumed was same setup

Good to know though for future issues too

All I can say is I have got myself some dare I say it................
T5 bits for my Elgrand lol :eek::scream::confused::oops:
Well they came and are fitted
20190112_142555.jpg
I am using them as fog lights.
T5
Wanted smoked ones so you could not see them but not impressed with the brightness but there is no law on how bright they have to be.
I might look for some others.
Now wait for my led reversing light bulbs then i can have 2 reversing lights again.
20190112_142614.jpg

Well they came and are fitted
View attachment 12851
I am using them as fog lights.
T5
Wanted smoked ones so you could not see them but not impressed with the brightness but there is no law on how bright they have to be.
I might look for some others.
Now wait for my led reversing light bulbs then i can have 2 reversing lights again.
View attachment 12852

Very nice @dognero love the location shame about the mention of T5! lol

Change my O/S/R wheel bearing today. It wasn’t a nice job to do but had to be done. Next one I think I will work the weekend and pay for it to be done, mind you I know what it entails so should be quicker.

Fitted tailgate lights I got from Cemmy.
Hardest part of the job was threading the cable through the rubber tube between the tale gate and boot frame

View attachment 12894

Hey @Snoopy11 fancy a trip to The Netherlands to do mine! lol ;) Has anyone done a how to do it guide for these lights?! :p

Back