• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Lol, have you done the nuts up at the bottom?

I can see the ply or composite may not be required for the base like we discussed as the setup looks spot on.
Nuts secured at the bottom for now but didn’t tighten the additional locking nuts as I will be taking it off when I get back home and to apply some TLC to a few previous user scratches 🔧🔩

you’re possibly right, it may not need the addition of any type of base but will need a tweak to secure other types of load rather than just bikes. 🤔

Cool, keep us updated as it does look good, remember the black rails slide out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know about what i done today , but during the week i got the japanese info in my e51 reset to english , and the maps all reset including the clocks set to uk time happy days and it talks to me in english

Today I paid a deposit for our Elgrand, just waiting on the DVLA now….😃😃😃
been up to the dealers saturday to look at the XL that I had put a holding deposit on...what a stunner....now its mine, well it will be after the DVLA get their finger out, about 6 weeks I'm told.

been up to the dealers saturday to look at the XL that I had put a holding deposit on...what a stunner....now its mine, well it will be after the DVLA get their finger out, about 6 weeks I'm told.
And I thought you wanted a transit 😂😂😂😂😂😂 nice one pleased for you !!!!!

I've finally sorted and fitted wifi and it works a treat started to watch the football and after 30mins a very irate her indoors opened the door to find me relaxing I new. I was on a loser when I heard those immortal words I thought we were going shopping I bloody told her I put my foot down 👍👍 we spent £40
You must have bought half of Lidl for £40 ;o))))

i dont know about what i done today , but during the week i got the japanese info in my e51 reset to english , and the maps all reset including the clocks set to uk time happy days and it talks to me in english
how did you do it ?

@mac 15 we are all waiting to hear how you got it converted to English! Please do tell!!

Is that the £200 reflash for the series 3 from the guys in NZ?

been looking at your "clock" vid..
still dont exactly know how you re- connected the battery again on to the board and the wires also...great idea though that I might try on mine when I get it once dvla pull there finger out.

been looking at your "clock" vid..
still dont exactly know how you re- connected the battery again on to the board and the wires also...great idea though that I might try on mine when I get it once dvla pull there finger out.
Thanks Allen,

When/if you give it a go, PM me if you get stuck.
The battery is simple, you can just snip the single leg and leave it so the clock can be reset by unplugging the Nav Unit, or also solder a wire between the battery leg and another the hole in the board it used to be in, then have a switch between those wires.
If you read the how to as well that’s more comprehensive 😁👍

Thanks Allen,

When/if you give it a go, PM me if you get stuck.
The battery is simple, you can just snip the single leg and leave it so the clock can be reset by unplugging the Nav Unit, or also solder a wire between the battery leg and another the hole in the board it used to be in, then have a switch between those wires.
If you read the how to as well that’s more comprehensive 😁👍
I will have another look at the vid

Fitted the Bike Rack (didn’t have time to clean bike though, got back from trails and thought crack on with rack)

same as @diable this will be not only for bikes but will be tweaked to suit other loads.View attachment 63566View attachment 63567View attachment 63571View attachment 63568
Solid, no movement and all lights are visible.

worth carrying it through London, on and off tube and train after collecting it from diable
What rack is it? How many bikes can it hold? Any tweets to allow it to carry t’other stuff?

It won't be that one (assuming S3). I did that one a couple of weeks back. They don't touch navigation and the spoken warnings are still in Japanese, it is just the written text that is converted.

It won't be that one (assuming S3). I did that one a couple of weeks back. They don't touch navigation and the spoken warnings are still in Japanese, it is just the written text that is converted.
If it's for the e51 s2.. 2005.how can we get it

@thebluemax I'm not certain, I've only researched for S3. I know they don't offer it for S2, I'm assuming it's because most people will put a double din head unit in and use Google translate for the rest (I will soon be corrected if I'm wrong).
It is not possible to put a new head unit in a S3 in the traditional sense.

changed the bulb in the boot area, had some led bulbs sitting around and noticed boot one didnt work so thouhgt, why not lol

What rack is it? How many bikes can it hold? Any tweets to allow it to carry t’other stuff?
It’s the Thule 973 18 (18 denotes fitting kit), I think it also gets called ‘back pack’.

if fitting to a HWS you need a pair of alternative/ after market brackets to fit over the tailgate bottom lip due to the depth of plastic body kit piece.
@diable supplied me with a pair which are a perfect fit

once fitted the platform will easily allow for carrying other items, suitable boxes, awnings, etc. I have not yet decided on best method or security for these items but sure mine carries 2 bikes but you can buy additional pieces which quickly attach to carry 3 or 4.

Back