• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Richard Fox

Double Elgrand Obession!
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Elgrand
E51
Gave the interior a clear out ready for Saturday, considering the interior has had 19 years and 245,000km of use it still looks pretty fresh.
I know many members dislike the light Elgrand interiors due to dirt / stains but this goes to show they can last a while if looked after! :p
I will be driving it on Saturday with trade plates ready for registration which could take 6 - 8 weeks and the first drive since January! :eek:

IMG_3978.JPG
IMG_3982.JPG
IMG_3979.JPGIMG_3976.JPG
IMG_3983.JPG
IMG_3981.JPGIMG_3980.JPGIMG_3989.JPG

Last edited:

Winchester

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Elgrand
E51
Black ones I hope …
I’m not really a fan of black wheels on black cars… I prefer a bit of contrast… I think they can disappear if everything is the same colour.
But I appreciate it’s a personal choice and everyone is entitled to their own style!

Kenzie (Mary Poppins)

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
paul
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West

diable

Part of the furniture
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
The Polish Gentleman
Elgrand
E51
Bought the material for the packing cushions for under the mattress, girlfriend started a new job and has a long commute so I think it will be a while before they are done.

QVTMTr1.jpg

mikkb

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South West
Reaction score
First Name
Mikk
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Gave the interior a clear out ready for Saturday, considering the interior has had 19 years and 245,000km of use it still looks pretty fresh.
I know many members dislike the light Elgrand interiors due to dirt / stains but this goes to show they can last a while if looked after! :p
I will be driving it on Saturday with trade plates ready for registration which could take 6 - 8 weeks and the first drive since January! :eek:

View attachment 63384
View attachment 63388
View attachment 63385View attachment 63382

View attachment 63387View attachment 63386View attachment 63392
I've actually grown to like the cream interiors more the more I've seen them, but only if kept in good clean condition like yours. Lovely van Richard.

Rayc

Premium Member
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
Bought the material for the packing cushions for under the mattress, girlfriend started a new job and has a long commute so I think it will be a while before they are done.
Never mind it will give you time to get all the cash out you've stashed under there...😁

Londonglide

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Philbert
Elgrand
E51
Removed both the Nissan alarm, and the aftermarket Cobra Cat 2 immobiliser, and fitted a new 100A battery.
The alarm appears to have been murdered at some point in the past, as the sounder was left loose in the area behind the drivers step cubby. Looks like the siren was just cut off, and left loose. Wonder if that's the Rattle I have been hearing since I bought the thing
I wonder if both units were causing drain of the battery?, I would have no way of knowing if the alarm was actually on, triggered or dead!.
After diable was kind enough to help program my RKE yesterday, after only having it in the drawer for 9 years, I was feeling excited.
Cleaned the poor old bus, and polished the headlights, so they are no longer the same colour as the car!
Anyway, no more fiddling with the disarm fob, just get in and start....Yay....

diable

Part of the furniture
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
The Polish Gentleman
Elgrand
E51
Removed both the Nissan alarm, and the aftermarket Cobra Cat 2 immobiliser, and fitted a new 100A battery.
The alarm appears to have been murdered at some point in the past, as the sounder was left loose in the area behind the drivers step cubby. Looks like the siren was just cut off, and left loose. Wonder if that's the Rattle I have been hearing since I bought the thing
I wonder if both units were causing drain of the battery?, I would have no way of knowing if the alarm was actually on, triggered or dead!.
After diable was kind enough to help program my RKE yesterday, after only having it in the drawer for 9 years, I was feeling excited.
Cleaned the poor old bus, and polished the headlights, so they are no longer the same colour as the car!
Anyway, no more fiddling with the disarm fob, just get in and start....Yay....
Aftermarket alarms can be a PITA and can cause battery drain so hopefully you have sorted it.

Reverend RobP

Admin, Lap Dancing Vicar & Club Rep - Yorkshire
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Elgrand
E50
Region
Yorkshire
Went for a day in Rennes where they have proper Elgrand size parking spaces.

View attachment 63403
I do love some of the carparks in France. They seem to cater a lot more for larger vehicles over there
Used one in Monaco that was swanky as hell. So clean your tyres did that screachy thing when driving around it.

Stempy

The French Connection
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Trader
Reaction score
First Name
Le Stempy
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Car park was the cleanest place in town.
I do love some of the carparks in France. They seem to cater a lot more for larger vehicles over there
Used one in Monaco that was swanky as hell. So clean your tyres did that screachy thing when driving around it.