• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Tried to make a start swapping the rear lights. Came to an abrupt halt when Nissan decided it would be a good idea to put all the wiring through a tiny gap behind the rear seat belt bracket, which isn't big enough to get the plug through while all in place. Could chop the end off but really don't want to! Wtf Nissan why did you do that, when there is plenty of room and a bigger gap just below it. Will now have to take the interanl side panel off as there is bugger all room to get a ratchet in by just prising it out to undo the seat belt bolts. Oh well maybe tomorrow
Don't you just cut the bulb holders off and wire them in or is there more to it than that

Don't you just cut the bulb holders off and wire them in or is there more to it than that
What I remember didn’t swap anything over , changed complete unit , used same plugs but mine aren’t led
Think I've been a dick....... 🤣
So the lights cam with complete wiring harness, and I thought it was wired straight into the led's. On 2nd look this morning its actually standard bulb holder with a special plug inside the casing that fits into the bulb holder. Doh. So swapped over in 5 mins this morning 😀👍as straightforward as removing the bulb from the holder and plugging the connector in. Cheers guys 👍20210723_090105.jpg20210723_090049.jpg20210723_092536.jpg
Now I just need to remove the spoiler treat some rust on the top edge of the boot lip, and change the inner lights over.

Nice one mate glad you sorted it easy enough 👍new lights look nice and fresh next to the old :cool:

Nice one mate glad you sorted it easy enough 👍new lights look nice and fresh next to the old :cool:
Cheers mate. Sometimes its good to come back to these things with fresh eyes 👍
Thanks. Yeah they look nice and fresh next to the old ones. 😁

So the lights cam with complete wiring harness, and I thought it was wired straight into the led's. On 2nd look this morning its actually standard bulb holder with a special plug inside the casing that fits into the bulb holder. Doh. So swapped over in 5 mins this morning 😀👍as straightforward as removing the bulb from the holder and plugging the connector in. Cheers guys 👍View attachment 58258View attachment 58259View attachment 58260
Now I just need to remove the spoiler treat some rust on the top edge of the boot lip, and change the inner lights over.
Pleased it turned out east , look clean and fresh pity u have move spoiler , will be worth it when done

So the lights cam with complete wiring harness, and I thought it was wired straight into the led's. On 2nd look this morning its actually standard bulb holder with a special plug inside the casing that fits into the bulb holder. Doh. So swapped over in 5 mins this morning 😀👍as straightforward as removing the bulb from the holder and plugging the connector in. Cheers guys 👍View attachment 58258View attachment 58259View attachment 58260
A pretty fine job for a dick.

Looking good Rob, can’t wait to see them finished
P.s I would do something about that knee mate, looks bloody terrible in the reflection

Looking good Rob, can’t wait to see them finished
P.s I would do something about that knee mate, looks bloody terrible in the reflection
Haha it bloody does look terrible 😱🤣 cheers 👍

Today I mostly fitted the 10mm aluminium spacer blocks I had made by a friendly machinist at work, installed with longer Titanium bolts. I cleaned the rams with WD40 so they now open fully and close very easily. Plus because of the lighter bolts I have noticed a near White Elgrand speed gain!! Amazing!!
Oh and I've gained a couple of inches!!! 🤩(Apologies for the reflection off my head 😂)20210723_174849.jpg

20210723_174855.jpg20210723_174834.jpg20210723_174842.jpg

After spending a small fortune on car cleaning equipment I thought I'd better put it to good use, so cleaned her for the first time today. Jeez, she takes a lot of cleaning! I'm cream crackered but she's looking good.. just in time for the rain storms all over the weekend! 😂😫😭

Attachments

• IMG_20210723_175510766_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20210723_175510766_HDR~2.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210723_175303090_HDR~2.jpg
    IMG_20210723_175303090_HDR~2.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210723_175425498_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210723_175425498_HDR.jpg
    329.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20210723_175349587_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210723_175349587_HDR.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 11
Got my towbar fitted today & the people who done it noticed a broken piece on my nearside mirror. Is there anyway I could change the clear part on the mirror

Attachments

• Elgrand Towbar.jpg
    Elgrand Towbar.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Elgrand mirror.jpg
    Elgrand mirror.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 10
Back