• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Wash, foam, polish, wax, clean interior, tie rosettes on windscreen and front grill, change into suit, take a bunch of teenage girls to their prom, drop them off onto red carpet. Not so much as a thankyou.
Hope you charged them and made em walk back too.:p

Well yesterday I spent most of the day polishing mine inside the " cave " with my Autoglym Canuba wax. She came up lovely too. So easy to use is this stuff and the pot ive got ive had it for 4 years now and still going with it. I also found some interesting stickers inside my fuel flap which probably relates to Japanese fuel ratings and or tokens maybe, Im not sure. I also got my Autoglym headlight cleaning kit out and decided to give my headlights a quick buff up. They were ok anyways but had a go. I decided NOT to use all the crap supplied and just applied the cutting polish by hand via my applicator pad slowly buffing the paste around the light lens. Results were great and a lot easier than taping up and using a drill etc. Very happy with the results. Oh the pic showing the headlight clean kit also show my can of MAF sensor cleaning spray I use all the time. its the dogs and only costs £10 off ebay for a can and it will last a good few years as mine has done.:p I also made sure I gave my roof a good polish too as they often get overlooked. SNV32605.JPGSNV32594.JPGSNV32600.JPGSNV32601.JPGSNV32602.JPGSNV32596.JPGSNV32603.JPGSNV32604.JPG

Last edited:
Hope you charged them and made em walk back too.:p

Well yesterday I spent most of the day polishing mine inside the " cave " with my Autoglym Canuba wax. She came up lovely too. So easy to use is this stuff and the pot ive got ive had it for 4 years now and still going with it. I also found some interesting stickers inside my fuel flap which probably relates to Japanese fuel ratings and or tokens maybe, Im not sure. I also got my Autoglym headlight cleaning kit out and decided to give my headlights a quick buff up. They were ok anyways but had a go. I decided NOT to use all the crap supplied and just applied the cutting polish by hand via my applicator pad slowly buffing the paste around the light lens. Results were great and a lot easier than taping up and using a drill etc. Very happy with the results. Oh the pic showing the headlight clean kit also show my can of MAF sensor cleaning spray I use all the time. its the dogs and only costs £10 off ebay for a can and it will last a good few years as mine has done.:p I also made sure I gave my roof a good polish too as they often get overlooked. View attachment 6047View attachment 6048View attachment 6049View attachment 6050View attachment 6051View attachment 6052View attachment 6053View attachment 6054
is the MAF easy to get at behind the air filter, or do you have to remove the whole fiter box

is the MAF easy to get at behind the air filter, or do you have to remove the whole fiter box
Its all quite doable matey albeit you just need to take your time and remove things carefully and in order so as to not break anything. Same with refitting.:p space is at a premium under the bonnet.

just finished what I thought would be a nice easy little job for a sunday afternoon how wrong can you be rear discs and pads I think the discs have not been done before and seemed to be welded on blow torch and a big hammer were needed :triumph:

Oil and filter changed today along with a new air filter. I need to get some more bolts for holding on the undertrays. I'm missing a few and a couple have had to be replaced with cable ties due to the bolts shearing.
Just waiting now on a new driver's door mirror, hit and run by a big campervan and by the time I got turned around it was nowhere to be seen.

Today was the last day of our week trip to France, covering ~2130 (GPS) miles in total. Starting at 7am this morning we covered the last 470 miles home, getting home around 20:40. FYI the average KM/l for the whole trip finished at 9.1

Unfortunately Eurotunnel Calais had a power cut this morning (or illegal immigrants on the track, depending on which official you talked to), so our 12:40 ride was delayed until 17:00 local time. Lots of angry/frustrated/upset people waiting in a crowded terminal complex. Good job the weather was nice.

IMG_20180624_131439.jpg IMG_20180624_153453.jpg IMG_20180624_170252_603.jpg

The bus was flawless, it impressed a good number of people and was the centre of conversation a number of times. It's been a fantastic trip and I was sorry to get back onto our poorly constructed and maintained excuses for roads. I swear the run home from Folkestone to Ashby-de-la-Zouch took more out of the tyres and running gear than the whole trip through France. And don't get me started on the difference in motorway lane discipline - France 10 - England 0.

Gave it a wash .to cheer myself up after cleaning fuel sender .hoping to cure faulty gauge no such luck

Attachments

• 2018-06-24 22.28.39.png
    2018-06-24 22.28.39.png
    550 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018-06-24 22.29.15.png
    2018-06-24 22.29.15.png
    503.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2018-06-24 22.29.56.png
    2018-06-24 22.29.56.png
    455.7 KB · Views: 12
Today was the last day of our week trip to France, covering ~2130 (GPS) miles in total. Starting at 7am this morning we covered the last 470 miles home, getting home around 20:40. FYI the average KM/l for the whole trip finished at 9.1

Unfortunately Eurotunnel Calais had a power cut this morning (or illegal immigrants on the track, depending on which official you talked to), so our 12:40 ride was delayed until 17:00 local time. Lots of angry/frustrated/upset people waiting in a crowded terminal complex. Good job the weather was nice.

View attachment 6090View attachment 6092View attachment 6091

The bus was flawless, it impressed a good number of people and was the centre of conversation a number of times. It's been a fantastic trip and I was sorry to get back onto our poorly constructed and maintained excuses for roads. I swear the run home from Folkestone to Ashby-de-la-Zouch took more out of the tyres and running gear than the whole trip through France. And don't get me started on the difference in motorway lane discipline - France 10 - England 0.

I'm really pleased you had a nice trip .
Sorry to hear about your delay .
I know exactly how you feel about lane discipline and state of our roads too !

Welcome back to good ol Blighty Sir 😂👍👍👍

Owned 5 weeks and had 5 weekends away
Went to Worcester for a spare key from Martin ( cheers pal)
Then upto foxton locks for the rest of the weekend
Making the most of the good weather
Plymouth next weekend followed by a week around the Portsmouth area

Yesterday I remove the cd and mini disk, found the TV tuner, went and bought iso connectors, run an RGB lead from TV tuner in back all the way to head unit, removing the panels on the way, then Amazon man turned up with my new head unit, it didn't have an ISO connector 😣 even though advert clearly stated it did.

Now I have a hole where my head unit should be.

Dropped her off with @Lpgc so looking forward to cheeper fill ups.

We found this strut brace on the rear which has to come off to fit the LPG tank. Will be up for sale so if anyone is interested then pm me an offer

Yesterday I remove the cd and mini disk, found the TV tuner, went and bought iso connectors, run an RGB lead from TV tuner in back all the way to head unit, removing the panels on the way, then Amazon man turned up with my new head unit, it didn't have an ISO connector 😣 even though advert clearly stated it did.

Now I have a hole where my head unit should be.

Thats not good buddy, are you sending it back and getting a different head unit?

Thats not good buddy, are you sending it back and getting a different head unit?

Yeah new one should arrive today hopefully all hard work has been done now, I hope. Ordered different brand not messing around hoping they send a replacement with the right bits.

cleaned all round the boot shuts with a toothbrush and Mr Sheen came up a treat, you can get into all the seams!! Looks so much better especially on pealescent white! Pics to follow! :)

Back