• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just took mine for a little drive for my weekly COVID test and am not happy, she was nice and clean when I left and now looks filthy! Who invented white cars 😤 arrrrrgh ... guess I’ll have to wash her again 🥰
You only have two choices with white Elgrands
use it and wash regular
Don't use it-----and wash regular

(mine is currently stood still and dirty Shhhhhh)

Just took mine for a little drive for my weekly COVID test and am not happy, she was nice and clean when I left and now looks filthy! Who invented white cars 😤 arrrrrgh ... guess I’ll have to wash her again 🥰
It would look ten times worse if it were black! 😉

Next bid may be incoming overnight tonight.....just waiting on some extra pictures circa 1am :cool:

Pictures arrived 1.45am, front bumper needing repainting and alloys were badly scuffed. Interior and underneath were immaculate, so still put a bid in but low enough to cover work needed. Got outbid, so on to the next one now on Friday

It would look ten times worse if it were black! 😉
Yep I agree , mine looked lovely and shiny after the snow had gone off it , just been for bit of food shopping and bugger it needs a good going over . But it's going to have to wait as there's more snow ❄ on the way supposedly and possibly hard frost , so will wait a day or 2 . May even take it to work and wash it then put in workshop with heater on and give it a good going over. Thinking of putting some TAC systems moonlight on it , its a ceramic coating of sorts and lasts up to 12 months and its easy to apply and only costs about £30. 😎👍

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Changed the left headlight, so many clips broke (old and perished) Fun times. Strip between grill is bit of a pain, one clip broke just on that 🤦🏼‍♀️

Changed the left headlight, so many clips broke (old and perished) Fun times. Strip between grill is bit of a pain, one clip broke just on that 🤦🏼‍♀️
Anyone found a good technique to remove the grill center bar? (S1) I snapped a clip the first time I took mine off.

let me know how you get on i will be removing mine soon:scream: still fettling the one i got from you cut the badge out made a mold just finished fibre glass then a sand and fill then paint then you will have to wait till the right up and pics ;)

think the stripes would look better thinner maybe run them to a point and not in front of the wheel arch or break the rear up with feathering but what do i know i have an octopus on the rear of mine :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Today I started the process of fitting my dashcam. Cable run in up the A pillar and across the top of the roof lining. I won't bother with a how to as there are already a couple that have been posted.

While the upper console is removed I'll be doing a bit of wiring alteration. I've removed the microphone and will repurpose the existing wiring to trigger on a pair of foot well lights I'm going to fit by tapping them into the map light circuit. I will also repurpose the AutoDJ button which does nothing at the moment. Not sure what I will use it for yet but will extend the wiring down to the fuse box area for future projects.

The miserable weather has stopped progress for today but not really in any rush with things being as they are.

sounds good im just waiting on fibre glass to go of so i can sand it with this weather that will be may :joy::joy::joy:

Mentioned the other day that I found the PAS cooler / return pipe on my white Elgrand was leaking.

Today I removed it to find the exact position of the hole, I just pressurised the pipe with water from the hosepipe, a little fountain of water came from a pin prick hole half way along it.

For now I've just cut the pipe across the pin prick and bodged it with some 10mm fuel pipe and jubilee clips, I'll probably buy a second hand replacement pipe from Stevemen for it next time I see him (though I'd expect this to last a very long time anyway).

20210112_153329b.jpg

Today I started the process of fitting my dashcam. Cable run in up the A pillar and across the top of the roof lining. I won't bother with a how to as there are already a couple that have been posted.

While the upper console is removed I'll be doing a bit of wiring alteration. I've removed the microphone and will repurpose the existing wiring to trigger on a pair of foot well lights I'm going to fit by tapping them into the map light circuit. I will also repurpose the AutoDJ button which does nothing at the moment. Not sure what I will use it for yet but will extend the wiring down to the fuse box area for future projects.

The miserable weather has stopped progress for today but not really in any rush with things being as they are.
Install a disco ball with lights and connect to AutoDJ button. Party time 🤣🥳🎉

Ran a few errands in the Elgrand. Have a knocking/ clunking noise when the body sways side to side, thinking sway bar bushes as doesn't really knock when turning one direction or one wheel go over bump.

My black Elgrand has factory fitted cruise control, it's clocks still read in KPH and I want to buy an MPH overlay for it.

I checked Lockwood Dials website and noticed that the overlay they sell for S1 Elgrands, their C539, doesn't have the factory cruise control indicators (writing that lights up to show status of cruise). These 2 indicators are between the engine temp gauge and MIL light.

Yesterday I spoke to Josh at Lockwood dials, he asked me to email him a picture of my dash (ignition on, engine not started, to show all lights lit). He has just replied again, he said the timing couldn't be better as they are just about to start another production run of C539's and they will now include the cruise control indicators on future C539's, the new batch will be available in around 3 weeks.

This thread isn't the best place for this post, does anyone have any suggestions as to best place to post this?

Back