• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I looked at a photo of it as the DVLA are holding it ransom
Know how you feel - counting the days - how many times have I reviewed the pics and docs on my intended :sleeping: Do you think there are just some jealous DVLA operatives intent on denying us a ride ! Bet they are transporter drivers with some sort of grudge 😤😕

They probably are Transporter drivers. Hopefully not long to wait now.

Did you get this looked at Mav?
I think I might have the same issue...
Sorry for not getting back to you. Still on the to do list :p We use it purely as a campervan so in no rush. It gets the odd wee run to warm it up and move the oil about. Will go into garage at some point over winter to get fully looked over.

Washed it. Polished the headlights (again)

Took it for its 2nd MOT (1st being prior to registration).

And.....

Passed, with only 1 thing to attend to (a perished droplink dust cover). Tester was very complimentary, happy days!

Getting the modification plate done today, officially down to two seater!

I appreciate that aesthetic is very important to many Elgrand owners. Putting that aside for a mo, can anyone tell me if an E51 HWS Urban selection can have it's front lip removed and not look like a bit of bodypanel is missing or have to dispense with some underbody protection? I'm looking seriously to buy a particular ME51that has a lip fitted but I need to claw back a couple of inches of ground clearance at the front.

Hi mine also mot'd today, and passed, just osf arb droplink advisory which I'd discussed with tester prior to test, I've known him over 30years and has done all mine and wifes cars in this time, so a Good relationship and no nonsense.
Robertn
Hi mine also mot'd today, and passed, just osf arb droplink advisory which I'd discussed with tester prior to test, I've known him over 30years and has done all mine and wifes cars in this time, so a Good relationship and no nonsense.
Robertn
Good result 😃

I appreciate that aesthetic is very important to many Elgrand owners. Putting that aside for a mo, can anyone tell me if an E51 HWS Urban selection can have it's front lip removed and not look like a bit of bodypanel is missing or have to dispense with some underbody protection? I'm looking seriously to buy a particular ME51that has a lip fitted but I need to claw back a couple of inches of ground clearance at the front.
Have a look here:

Theres a link to an eBay advert which shows fixings, it looks like it would leave holes in the front of the bumper, not sure if its the same spoiler though.

If it’s original it will leave 6 bolt holes in the front of the bumper as for ground clearance, the lip will only give you around three quarters of an inch I would check if the motor your looking at has been lowered ??

Last edited:
So after Ed being on top up charge for a night/day we went for our usual blast down A3 as far as the turn off for Port Solent, on the way back had to turn down Planet Rock and tell Ed that he was going to have a Decatvasectomy tomorrow and that he would stiil be able to fire on all cylinders afterwards and in the long run it would be for the best.

Both of us very upset, had to go to local pub for solace. Phew...Ed was clearly upset more than me because he downed 3 Guinness and of course I had to do the same. Now clearly I was not fit to drive and nor was Ed, so had to phone the boss for recovery. Luckily for us/her we were just a mile away, can't really relay the delight she felt as she met us in the car park, I was okish, Ed was clearly having a TFIF moment.

Just checked on his wellbeing and his mental health and he has the hump. The recovery crew is watching some bake off stuff on catch up and I have been banished to the dining area to listen to Radio Morrow, oh well life has some compensation, mind your I feel a deaf and dum breakfast is to follow!

Clearly I would never condone drinking and driving in any shape or form, but as we all know E51's are very thirsty!!!!

So after Ed being on top up charge for a night/day we went for our usual blast down A3 as far as the turn off for Port Solent, on the way back had to turn down Planet Rock and tell Ed that he was going to have a Decatvasectomy tomorrow and that he would stiil be able to fire on all cylinders afterwards and in the long run it would be for the best.

Both of us very upset, had to go to local pub for solace. Phew...Ed was clearly upset more than me because he downed 3 Guinness and of course I had to do the same. Now clearly I was not fit to drive and nor was Ed, so had to phone the boss for recovery. Luckily for us/her we were just a mile away, can't really relay the delight she felt as she met us in the car park, I was okish, Ed was clearly having a TFIF moment.

Just checked on his wellbeing and his mental health and he has the hump. The recovery crew is watching some bake off stuff on catch up and I have been banished to the dining area to listen to Radio Morrow, oh well life has some compensation, mind your I feel a deaf and dum breakfast is to follow!

Clearly I would never condone drinking and driving in any shape or form, but as we all know E51's are very thirsty!!!!
Update, recovery crew now going to bed with words "don't drink any more" asked Ed he said "Rinse the Cru FFS" decisions ...decisions, yep Cru getting rinsed and Morow playing the Musical Box, sometimes life is just like that, Ed says good night to all!

If it’s original it will leave 6 bolt holes in the front of the bumper as for ground clearance, the lip will only give you around three quarters of an inch I would check if the motor your looking at has been lowered ??
Thanks for the info Dave. Okay, well I compared front ground clearance of this 2005 ME51 to a 2007 ME51. Clearance difference was almost 2 inches.
Strangely, the 2005 ME51 had a Rider front grill but a HWS bumper i.e no lower grill. epc-data lists it as a HWS. My wife pointed out that the headlights were really yellow and the bumper faring didn't tidily fit over the wheel arch mud liner. I am starting to think this HWS may have had a repair job with second hand front end Rider parts. Anyhoo, if it's only going to give me 6 bolt holes and and extra 3/4 clearance, I guess I will pass and keep looking. Pity, twas very tidy inside and with supposedly only 74k km.

Again...not done anything to the bus as it has not arrived from Japan yet!

But...a huge thankyou to @Ste as after commenting on another post about how cool another members NISMO belt pads were, Ste made contact and sent me 2 NISMO pads that arrived today, which he wouldn't accept any money for!

What a great owners club this is... Not only for the help and information but the actual members themselves!

Thanks again Ste 👍

Back