• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Maybe I’ll try an alternative, but My local one is literally 5 mins away ... very annoying. When I used the last of my 3 permits a guy in an old Volvo stopped and said “ehhh that’s a posh old bus to be using at the dump, you need a sh##y old Volvo, like mine” ... made me feel a bit guilty for using my immaculate van for such duties!! I’m on eBay now, looking for sh##y old volvos .....

Installed my 350z steering wheel today. The buttons work too 👍The Elgrand one had a million finger nail imprints in it for some reason when it arrived from Japan 🙈 :laughing:

4cvJ2lE.jpg

Hello everyone))) For almost 1.5 months now I have not done anything with El))) And this is happiness - just drive a car)) I took my tractor off the sale.
After putting so much work into a car it's good to get the use out of it.👍

Out with the old and in with the new.

pretty sure the rear cabin filter is 14 years old! Thanks to BMR. 😇. (He supplied the new one, not the old 14 year old one, that’s what I had ‘in stock’)
ED476C97-BDFD-41D8-BA83-F5DC67E0D5EF.jpeg

Thought I'd make a start on the small job of removing the 1 7/8th inch tow ball fitted to the tow hitch. Thought suitable socket and big breaker bar would suffice. Thought wrong. Angle grinder to the rescue and 50mm tow ball now in place. All that stands between me and having a functional towing hitch is the oblong plug socket for the electrics.

I've started removing bits of dash and loosening the gear knob in order to fit my Android headunit. Pretty simple so far, surprised how easy stuff pops off. The headunit is due tomorrow and facia due Monday/Tuesday. The Micra ISO loom arrived long ago, so I'll probably frankenstein the headunit in place tomorrow and leave a mess until the new facia arrives... If possible.

Today was just another excuse to go sit in the car lol

IMG_20200924_110558.jpg

IMG_20200924_110617.jpg

Precision CanM8 is the cruise fitted. It’s a faff, some wire splicing on thin wires, but is a DIY job if you are comfy splicing wires and a little knowledgeable

Was it easy to fit, where did you source it from?
Cheers
Precision CanM8 is the cruise fitted. It’s a faff, some wire splicing on thin wires, but is a DIY job if you are comfy splicing wires and a little knowledgeable

As above, all depends on your perception of "easy". Had to locate and solder into a few wires that are in the worst places 🙈 Worst part is removing enough of the trim to gain access. Totally DIY though, just take your time 👍

EpA75I2.jpg

Today I fitted the front Tein coilovers and in doing so learnt a valuable lesson.

Lesson of the day is beer and angle grinders don't mix.😱

My wife came out to see how I was doing and I said 'Ive had a mishap with the angle grinder'. Well, she almost fainted expecting me to produce a severed finger. But nothing so gorey.

Despite my efforts at dressing the brake line out of the way, the grinder bit and flicked just enough to put a nick in it. Had I not have taken alcoholic refreshment I suspect I would have been just that bit more careful..

But every cloud has a silver lining and it just means I will have to fit a set of stainless braided brake lines sooner than anticipated.

My headunit came today, it's a PX6 Android with DSP so one of the fastest released and makes a noticeable difference in audio quality.

Having prepped the dash yesterday, it was somewhat plain sailing. Having plugged it in using the Micra loom, nothing happened, nada, no power. Checked both live and illumination wires with a multimeter and both showed 18.5, which I thought was weird!? But heyho there was power there. I ended up removing the ground wire from the Micra harness, extending it and attached to stereo mounting hole to use as ground.

We had life!

IMG_20200925_172148.jpg

As can been seen, I'm a little ahead of myself. The facia hasn't even arrived yet, but I was keen to sort out any electrical gremlins. Next test was to play some music and check speakers. Again, life to all speakers! Woohoo 🤪

Had a good play around, set up voice calling and Google Assistant. All working and much faster than my old Android stereo in the CRV which used the Allwinner T8 chipset.

The stock Android launcher in the pic above looked garbage, clearly not China's strong point. This has now been changed to my preferred Agama Car Launcer Pro as shown below. The colours blend nicely with the dashboard lights too to help make it look more stock.

IMG_20200925_184758.jpg

Going to have to leave it like this for the next few days until the facia arrives. The hazard light needs plugging back in I suppose before I head out at the weekend.

Will update further once I've tackled steering wheel controls and the facia is fitted 😁

Today was a good day!

Back