• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I added some wiring today so that I can switch the air horns from musical to continuous tri tone from the drivers seat. MOT coming up and musical horns don't cut it, so need to have a legal blast option.

Almost finished converting my 2nd (black) Elgrand to LPG.
I finished it's front decat the other day, I'll be doing a thread on that at some point (took a couple of pics).

4 Customers Elgrands to convert to LPG over the next 2 weeks.

Filled my black Elgrand tonight at a local Morrisons, there was an Elgrand already filling up with LPG, I went over to say hello, it was one I converted a few years ago! The lady driver doesn't come on forum but she says her husband does.

Last edited:
Today I changed the filter, still had the one in from Japan and when I took it out it fell apart. Good thing I did as it was so brittle and clogged up. Not nice.
also new wipers, cleaned out the cabin filters. Bit dusty but fine re used for now and figured out how to turn on the rear cabin air.
poor kids were hot back there on our first outing. Now much better.
next thing on list is spraying the plastic door trim panels that show some sun bleached paint.

That's interesting, good research mate.

It also suggests that (assuming all over things being the same) S1 aircon may be colder than S2 aircon when the car is stationary.
My series 1 gets freezing wife makes me turn it off as it makes her knees hurt

“ New wooden knob has arrived”

SWMBO (she who must be obeyed) wants to know where I can get a wooden knob? 🤣🤣🤣

Took mine out for a drive to the Yorkshire Air Museum as my mates 93 year old dad is mad on planes.
Need to sanitise it tomorrow as it's dirty after it was raining first thing.
haifax111.jpg
decota.jpg
Found a new engine for the Elgrand.
Do you think @Lpgc can covert it to run on gas?
20200814_141320.jpg

An LPG Spitfire, now there's a challenge.

Just think how much the airlines would save if they ran their passenger jets on LPG.

An LPG Spitfire, now there's a challenge.

Just think how much the airlines would save if they ran their passenger jets on LPG.
I could convert a Merlin engine to run on LPG no problem :cool:

Not sure about a passenger jet, I would have to liase with a passenger jet fuel system designer I know - He would be capable of converting his own vehicles to LPG but he knows he couldn't convert vehicle engines to LPG as well as me, so he gets me to convert all his passenger vehicles.

Back