• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today i drove my beast for the first time. Slammed on the break, on a roundabout, thinking it was a clutch to change gear, then slammed on the electorater n didnt get in or cause a crash, so a hi five to me, and a punch in the face. I have since got better but not out of danger yet. need to tie up my hand and foot.

Up to York and back to see the inlaws after Simon @Lpgc did the conversion.
Brilliant, couldn't tell the difference in the drive, but oh hell yes at the Gas pump :) :) :)
The whole family came in the Van to ASDA to see us fill her up at 52.7p/l

Last edited:
Brilliant, couldn't tell the difference in the drive, but oh hell yes at the Gas pump :) :) :)
Great stuff Nick :)

Guess I will have to try harder next time then bud.
Opened 3 packages today from Brian, wrapped up great and delivery guy theft proof but I soon got into them with a Stanley knife ;-) 3 oil filters in one package, then front wheel bearing and rear wheel bearing. Filters are just for stock, swapped a front wheel bearing today and nearly got the back hub off, will finish the back wb tomorrow when the Mazda 6 I just converted to LPG has been collected. Bought a 10 ton press yesterday, first time I've used it today, always made do without a press when changing wb's in the past but better with the press.

We used to take the family to the seaside or bowling... But new entertainment and all that... 😉
Visited Bridlington even between Xmas and the new year and enjoyed it.. But never enjoy trips to supermarkets even when filling up with fuel at only 53p per litre... The novelty will wear off but the savings will still be appreciated lol.

Put on my extra 15BHP,,,🤪,,,
A similar oil filler cap was on my replacement engine when I bought it but I put a standard oil filler cap back on instead lol.

I don't want to be alarmist, but I did read that the Nismo caps can stick themselves solid on the filler. Might be worth giving it a regular wiggle.

I don't want to be alarmist, but I did read that the Nismo caps can stick themselves solid on the filler. Might be worth giving it a regular wiggle.
Yes I did read that, put a little engine oil on threads before putting it on.

Yeh, the one I had seemed likely to stick hence why I fitted the standard one from my old engine.

I still like the idea of an illuminated dipstick so you can check your oil in the dark.

I still like the idea of an illuminated dipstick so you can check your oil in the dark.
Some cars have a light bulb under the bonnet, 80's Ghia spec Fords etc. But there is a modern day equivalent of a glow in the dark dipstick made by a firm called Durex.

Be interested in conversion details what sort of mileage do you get is that what it is in your signature? 14?

Back