• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Changed the air filter that was certainly not new despite the dealer having said the buz had been given a winter service. Perhaps I am mistaken and a winter service does not include a £8 filter and 2 mins work. mmm 🤔. I already discussed this on another thread today so wont get into a rant. But best check your new vehicle for potential problems that the dealer may have mistakenly overlooked through no fault over their own.

And remember the ancient the Japanese saying from a great sensi 2つの自動車ディーラーは同じではありません

not done anything as such but the company my son is using for my tracker rang him today and said my Elgrand had not moved for four weeks and asked was there a problem :rolleyes: it turns out i cant tuck it up in the wing as it cant get satellite signals so they say put it under the dash :joy: dont think that is going to happen might try a back panel;)

Just had the siding for trimms off for an attempted repair of the mechanisms (not opening/closing like it should). Didn't fix the issue; I think the electric motor is cactus! Will have another attempt when I have done spare time.

Well I've just dropped off my El with Simon @ lpgc for the conversion (nice meeting you Simon).

Martin

Over the weekend I went on a snowy, icy adventure. Winter wheels on, 4WD on, Snow mode on. Had a 'test' on a private car park to check the mud and snow tyres were doing their job. Tried really hard but it just wouldn't spin. Then took it down a single track lane of about 6 miles and was forced to reverse back about half a mile through the snow and ice, round blind bends and up steep hills... Not because of the snow and ice but all because of a fallen tree!
The Elgrand behaved impeccably throughout and when I did manage to turn around the tyres were superb.

After driving on gravel yesterday had annoying noise from rear. Checked today for stone in-between guard and realised I had no back brake pads! Hope it is warm tomorrow so I can fit new ones...

Well done you, how did you get on with the automatic gearbox,,
I spent most of the time looking for the gear stick and clutch lol. Anyone driving alongside me must have wondered why the heck my hands were flailing around while I was shouting.....there bloody isn't one, idiot .....lol

I posted about it in general chat too

Cleaned the ashtray. Now I know this may seem trivial, but I bought the E51 last month and have not been able to do any cleaning or detailing because I have been laid up with a slipped disc, chomping at the bit to start. I had my last treatment today and decided to clean the ashtray, the previous (Japanese) owner being a smoker. The ashtray was filthy and contributing to the stale smell in the car. Even the little window for the light at the back of the ashtray was black. I used half and half baking soda and citric acid powder with some vinegar and it now looks like new. :)

In fairness the car isn’t bad inside. It has been cleaned, but not thoroughly. I can’t wait for a spell of dry weather to get out and clean it properly, both inside and out.

Informed and decided I wont be doing a deal on it until after the festivus season.
:tired_face:: unamused:

Put battery on charge, not used much the last few weeks, but it looks fairly new. Put new battery on mrs qashqai on tues, guess these frosty mornings catch em out. Expensive week, the joys of motoring

Gave it a pre Xmas wash to rid it the filth from last week. Hoping for a bit of a dry spell now.

Back