• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I've fitted my new DVD player on Saturday and have been testing it since then.

:D

Bought some new goodies for my Elgrand today. But not telling just yet.....

Ooooh, we like surprises :D

Finally after being ill during Christmas :cry: I've managed to change bulbs to LED's which I got from our shop.

Looks nice but because how LED bulbs send light it doesn't light up everything on this same level and A/C button really stays dark. I've took this picture during the day so I will have to see how it will look when it will get dark.

I still might change them to green when green LED's will be available. :)

i have sent an email to the garage to ask when the engine rebuild will be completed and i can make the rip to Morley to collect her

Sneaked my car into our garage today to tighten the fan belt as it started to squeak abit. 10 minutes all was done

Can you do a guide for the fan belts mate? Would be good info for other members :D

I have replaced the blubs in the top three switches and ordered heater control leds.
Karl I will do a post on how to change the belts.

Simjoh said:
I have replaced the blubs in the top three switches and ordered heater control leds.

You're a legend!

The other day I replaced yet another blown sidelight bulb. I also tried to replace the front wiper mechanism. That's is a real pain to get off. Smashed every plastic clip on the way, and failed. So I bodged my current one into place so at least it's working... for now :yahoo:

Finally got round to sorting out the rear storage. Although we always have the rear seats folded, did not have a level floor on the nearside due to positioning of large amplifier. Have raised and boarded about two thirds of the nearside floor to give a level storage area. At the tailgate, made use of some guttering channel offcuts to provide storage for camera tripods, brollies, walking poles etc. Large box for dirty boots and storage drawers for tools, gas canisters, cleaning stuff, etc. Mid section used for picnic chairs and table. Portable gas stove, electric cool box, picnic bag and blankets fit neatly behind seat. Still leaves plenty of room for me and grandson to sleep on board.

tinted rear lights and club stickers.

DSC_0004_zps03161a27.jpg

DSC_0001_zps587d96b3.jpg

I've took my car today to garage to check my brakes as my warning light was coming up recently especially after when I was turning.
It came out that one of calipers is leaking and will need replacing, pads are worn in 70% and will need to be replaced soon too.
Thanks to Garry who sent me link from eBay I might order some second hand calipers and change them both, but I just got idea to get them refurbished anyway as really you don't know how long they will last. I've contacted somebody who I know who does calipers for different cars. He haven't done for Elgrand yet but might be interested to start doing it if there will be enough interest. I will start new thread about it.

Karl said:
Simjoh said:

You're a legend!

The other day I replaced yet another blown sidelight bulb. I also tried to replace the front wiper mechanism. That's is a real pain to get off. Smashed every plastic clip on the way, and failed. So I bodged my current one into place so at least it's working... for now :yahoo:

If your bulbs are blowing frequently, then it's usually a bad earth to bulb, as they draw high current which blows filament, plus inside of glass will discolour which is a give away. Esp if they look silver inside.

Replaced my windscreen wiper control arms - finally!

Watched lots of Elgrand for sale adverts - mainly by an Aus dealer called Edward Lee.

My favourite one where the salesman gets the phone number wrong and ends it by saying the uncensored version of "f***ing sugar" and they still uploaded it to youtube! Genius :D

Elgrandoc decals stuck on rear windows :cool:

Rang the garage to remind them they have had my car getting on 6 months and not only would i like it back i NEED it back for family holidays this coming March...........

What did they say to that Kieron?

Back