• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

You have been busy @Baz L
Out of interest is that a Resin Bound driveway? Just wondering how you find - do you have to use a board under your jack?

You have been busy @Baz L
Out of interest is that a Resin Bound driveway? Just wondering how you find - do you have to use a board under your jack?
Yes it's resin and yes I have to put a board under the jack, also have to put it under my ramps as that too scratches it..It looks nice but has it's flaws 😁20190416_114352.jpg

Thanks you've confirmed what I was thinking, currently contemplating a new driveway. It's been on the jobs list for a few years and now some brands can be layed onto a sub base rather than needing a finished top surface so Resin has become an option.

Last edited:
@Snoopy11, yes, the sub base of any drive is critical.

If I do resin it will be at least 150mm sub base (probably more as sandy and heavy vehicles) plus 30mm layer of crushed limestone, then on top of that they apply membrane and a special mesh before 40mm of resin. Its a system by Addagrip called Terrabase in case anyone is interested.

As its a new installation this system saves laying a top finish such as tarmac before the resin, but I may yet opt for tarmac!

Strictly speaking not I, but the guys at Southgate Service Station, new rear discs and pads. Great service and a good price too. Thanks.

So washed micro fibre clothes

Drove Newport to Bristol to Chepstow and then Newport. Only one HWS grey seen westbound on M4. Daughter loves power button

Wires, wires,wires who the feck wires up a van and changes wire colour on looms!! Love the Japanese!! Making progress though.

Quick waterless wax, maybe time to fuel up tomorrow.

Rear diff, front diff oil changed, transfer box changed and Castrol Edge in the engine.
The front diff to be fair probably didn't need changing...looked new, rear diff had had the odd black streak in it.
And yet again...why are diff / transfer plugs different to each other 😠

Removed a layer of pollen with detailer spray, stuck on a small sticker and some stripes, had a bit of a rub at the lower grille to try to figure out how to polish it up, dressed the tyres.

Removed a layer of pollen with detailer spray, stuck on a small sticker and some stripes, had a bit of a rub at the lower grille to try to figure out how to polish it up, dressed the tyres.
@Stempy Try wet/dry xtra fine sandpaper on lower metal grille worked on my rider

Back