• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had my new S/S exhaust fitted yesterday. Today, I modified the mounting points to pull it central to the new exhaust cut out :thumbup:

Took my Ellie for a photoshoot with a very good photographer friend. Had it polished and went to some industrial locations ,weather was superb and got access to Stone Manganese, who make propellers for some of the largest ships in the water, so hope of getting some good shots and will make a slideshow of them once done and upload as video on YouTube.

headless said:
I let Gobby Bobby sit in it ;)

and very nice it was too :thumbup:
great to meet you and the missus today buddy,

thanks for your hospitality

Teddy didnt move all the way home and hasn't moved much since, he's worn his self out, the randy little bleeder :lol:

Had the battery tested and it was knackered (went flat after a couple of days if we hadn't used it). New battery fitted and topped up power steering fluid.

I've had a rack ends ( supplied by longdon4x4 ) replaced yesterday and tracking done. Car feels much better :cool: :cool: but I thing I will have to take it back on Monday as my steering wheel isn't stright now :roll: .

That's really annoying when they track it right but leave the steering wheel off centre. So many places do it, and it's a massive pain in the ass!!!

Yesterday I had 2 new tyres fitted.

Today I am fitting my Manual Boost Controller and giving her a damn good wash :)

Since I've worked while ago for a garage I've had a rule not to book my car on Fridays as always they are in rush and something will go not as it should but I forgot about it :lol:

That's how happend whit my car yesterday, even I took it early in a morning they didn't start work on it till late.
It's a friendly garage which we use at my current work so I know they will sort it out.

Not today but last weekend, just didn't have time to post it.

I never realy liked this wood combination with grey interior so I decided to try to paint this, here are results.

First I've used primer paint.

It was bit hard to do it properly outside in the garden with blowing wind :evil: but at the time I coudn't find better place.

Then I've used black matt paint.

It's not perfect but for a first time I am very happy with result.

After that I thought that I might paint some more stuff...

I think there will be more to come when I will find time to paint it :think: :mrgreen:

That looks so much better than the wood finish...nicely done mate!

Agreed. Looks awesome buddy! Great job :thumbup:

Today I will be mostly getting half of Northumberland out of my Ellie after the dogs have deposited it in the back after a week of beachwalks :lol:

Replaced both chrome door mirrors, and fitted nismo pedal covers, and had a stainless exhaust fitted yesterday, straight through from cat, no mufflers :)

Rapperfrapper said:
Replaced both chrome door mirrors, and fitted nismo pedal covers, and had a stainless exhaust fitted yesterday, straight through from cat, no mufflers :)

And we've still not got a video...

Does it sound good without any boxes?

Monday 3rd Nov:
Remote locking, alarm and immobiliser installed.
Sunday: 2nd Nov:
Replacement front sunroof/light switch unit - hoping to get the sunroof working one day soon, though I can now use the remote for rear heater controls.
Fitted locking wheel nuts,
Removed folding seats.
Full valet and mats washed.
Thursday 30th Oct: Replaced switch bulbs - heated rear window/hazards/dome light.

Elgrandpa said:
That looks so much better than the wood finish...nicely done mate!

Ditto, looks really good. I'm not keen on the "wood" effect trim. I had a Pajero with "wood" trim. Luckily I was able to just peel this off and use solvent to remove glue traces. Will probably end up having mine dipped for "carbon fibre" effect.

Not updated this for a while, but I've replaced the bulbs in my heater control unit, I've replaced the bulbs in the dashboard, I've replaced the map light bulbs in the front and the dome light bulbs in the back.
I have also fitted some new windscreen wipers that I found in "The Range" for £3.99 each. These have been recommended by other people to me, but I've never bought cheap wipers before. I'll see how I get on and will let you know :)

cheap wipers are the same as expensive wipers : one frozen snowfall and they are shafted :lol:

I made the mistake of buying a couple of pairs of the cheap flat wipers for both of our cars a while back. Both of them had a drivers side wiper fly off when driving after the plastic retaining clips failed! Replaced with Bosch ones and will never make that mistake again.

Today I have mostly been fixing my reverse lights!

I replaced the rear reading lights with LED Festoon bulbs and also noticed one of my new sidelight LED's is dead, so got a replacement coming tomorrow :)

Back