• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Last night went out for a curry, we were meeting my son, his wife and his wife's aunt (first time we'd meet her as she's from Alabama Louisiana USA) at the curry house. Half way there my son phoned me, his BMW had dumped it's coolant but he managed to limp downhill to a pub carpark. I turned around to pick the 3 of them up, there was still plenty space in the Elgrand. After the curry me and son dropped everyone else off at home (and aunt at hotel) then went to look at his BMW. A poorly designed plastic coolant stub just below the oil cooler had snapped right at it's rubber pipe connection. I managed to bodge it using various pipes and J clips and fill it with water and we got it back to my works no problem but it was after midnight at that point. Today I partly fitted the towbar and partly fitted the LPG system on a customer Elgrand but still found time to fix my son's BMW so they can use it tomorrow if they wish to visit Cumbria and Scotland. The replacement coolant stub is aluminium so shouldn't fail in the same way as the plastic one.

Last edited:
Last night went out for a curry, we were meeting my son, his wife and his wife's aunt (first time we'd meet her as she's from Alabama USA) at the curry house. Half way there my son phoned me, his BMW had dumped it's coolant but he managed to limp downhill to a pub carpark. I turned around to pick the 3 of them up, there was still plenty space in the Elgrand. After the curry me and son dropped everyone else off at home (and aunt at hotel) then went to look at his BMW. A poorly designed plastic coolant stub just below the oil cooler had snapped right at it's rubber pipe connection. I managed to bodge it using various pipes and J clips and fill it with water and we got it back to my works no problem but it was after midnight at that point. Today I partly fitted the towbar and partly fitted the LPG system on a customer Elgrand but still found time to fix my son's BMW so they can use it tomorrow if they wish to visit Cumbria and Scotland.
LEGEND
Bet your pockets are full of emergency jubilee clips and random couplings 🤣 👍

Trying to find the fuse diagram for an old E50 that has lots of weird electrical issues. I seem to need to make 10 posts to view this

Trying to find the fuse diagram for an old E50 that has lots of weird electrical issues. I seem to need to make 10 posts to view this
You do. Create a thread in the Introductions section to introduce yourself, respond to the last song listened to and music track link threads in the General Chat section to help get you post count past ten.

Not today, but had a new exhaust fitted (mid, silencer and tips) by @Elementian last week. Lovely to meet him and @Lisa-Marie, top workmanship and been loving the exhaust!! Definitely gives some extra power. As a bonus, got to hear the beast without any exhaust on at all...vid below of that! What a sound

View attachment 88524View attachment 88525

View attachment 88526
Lovely, aspiring for the same setup. What mid box size have you opted for and would it be possible to hear the final effect om the video please. Cheers

Changed rear left brake caliper and pads, it was stuck, the wheel was getting hot, no more issues, however now I want to change the right one just for peace of mind.
What type of calliper do you go for? I free’d mine up a while back but need to change both rears for a permanent fix.

not nice did you do that or someone else
It was a twat in a Euro Car Parts (LKQ now) van, he decided the offside lane at a roundabout was the turn left lane and didn't see the frikkin great white van there ?????

Oh well, see how much their insurance offers me for the write-off value 🤔

Back