• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well..... hold your breath ..... today I cleaned the car. She's 20 years old this month so I thought I'd give her a treat.:)
The trouble is I have found lots of bits that need some attention, including a small patch of rust on the tailgate.

Steam cleaned the whole interior ready for Japfest tomorrow!
Wow the beige trim was rather dirty especially from the dog! lol
Going to be interesting tomorrow, as I will probably be the only Elgrand there! :p

Made & fitted some front splash guards...
IMG_20230528_210214.jpg
It's a good idea to clean out the crud (occasionally) that builds up in the bottom of the wings, as its a guaranteed "rot spot"...👍
IMG_20230528_130333003.jpg

Added blinds (curtains) from New Dawn Conversions. Not quite 'blackout' but work well in camper mode.
Fairly easy to fit - not cheap though..

Attachments

• PXL_20230528_182719189.jpg
    PXL_20230528_182719189.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20230528_182809803.jpg
    PXL_20230528_182809803.jpg
    616.8 KB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20230528_182911271.jpg
    PXL_20230528_182911271.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 32
Had a great day at Japfest The Netherlands!
We were the only Elgrand there and boy did she create a lot of attention!
Lots of nice comments and people taking many pics and videos!
Post more about it tomorrow, currently knackered as we were up very early! 😴
(video uploaded already Elgrand makes an appearance at 1.45) haha

Screen Shot 2023-05-29 at 22.32.11.png

Last edited:
Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Bugger all. Been at work wishing I was sat in it.

Topped up the battery fluid - had trouble starting my E51 & thought I better check the level & that was the problem so I checked my E50 (I have both) & it was a bit low too so it got a top up also - it's something I always forget to do until it causes problems grr 🤣

Changed the spark plugs yesterday and boy did they need changing!

All plugs worn equally, which is good, but they had around a 4mm gap! Wasn't running noticably bad either, but fires up quicker now.

Plugs were original spec and I replaced them with original spec (NGK PLFR5A-11). I hope the originals were well past their service life!

Back