• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

MOT due. Took off front wheels and looked at discs, off side has a big gouge in it (which explains some juddering that only occurred a few times, the pad has reshaped itself to the gouge, uuuummm maybe more than a few times) so new discs and pads ordered, pads down to 4mm so not overly upset. Also spotted my diver side shock absorber/spring plastic cover has fallen apart. How would I go about replacing the plastic cover, is it possible to do at the road side?

Took van for mot pre check up. Rear brake pad and discs needed. I was told my front disc with gouge would pass. I am surprised. Picked up parts and spent 3.5 hrs on my first ever disc and pad diy change. After fighting with the hand brake to let go of the discs the job is done. Test drive done, stopping very nicely. So now ready for mot at same garage who did the pre-check so should be a pass with luck. Found an ok disc change video, certainly helped me as this guy had to loosen the hand brake off too...

Well, now an Elgrand ex-owner. Drove her home last Sunday, no problems whatsoever (no overheating but still had the oil in coolant issue).
Got home, got a call from someone who was interested in buying it, and got it sold.....
So this is most likely my last post in this forum and I wanna thank everyone on this forum who helped me and all fellow owners to get to know the Elgrand and to get issues sorted.....

Fitted my old battery on the silver Elgrand to check the stereo before I removed it and whilst I was there I thought I would just double check cylinder 1 against 2 and still it seems to be con rod knock.... it was worth a shot in the dark! :rolleyes:
(A good way to check for con rod knock before you waste a load of time like I did)

Set up a new physical key.

Key blank and Chip ebay £12
Cobbler to cut key £3
NDS II £38
VAG KKK Cable 2nd hand ebay £2

Total £55

Followed Alans guide to find BCM number and program the chip LINK

**Ahh it had all gone well and job was finished. Chip was rattling around inside the key so thought I would add a dab of glue with a glue gun. The heat must have damaged the chip. Going to have to order another one!!

Last edited:
Just planning next summers holiday to Spain petrol vs lpg cost
1428 miles each way based on low end of 18mpg have hit 32mpg but with it being in July I will be sticking at limits and aircon compared to my normal 60mph fuel saver speeScreenshot_20230401_105841_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230401_110134_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230401_110228_myLPGeu.jpgScreenshot_20230401_110411_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20230401_080644_Maps.jpgScreenshot_20230401_084507_Maps.jpgd

New discs and pads came yesterday took them to my grand today but never fitted them ended up doing a few other jobs to it instead View attachment 87088
That’s the worst picture for “ what’s in the box” I’ve ever seen
Come on Mat, must try harder

Tried to start mine today. Flat battery.... It was low a few weeks ago, when I last used it. .... Even the mighty YBX5334 can only take soo much!!
On charge now, so I can run out to Dorking Tomorrow for the Harley D boot sale....Just in case I need to bring back a whole bike.....

Busy day today:

1. Un Sorned vehicle and bought tax for the year (£325).

2. Trip to Tesco. Filled up with Tesco Momentum (£91).

3. Then to Costco. Mad busy. Four new Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons (£518). Took two hours as they couldn't get the E51 up on the ramps. Note to self - NEVER GO TO COSTCO AT THE WEEKEND.

Drove home. Tyres seemed to go well. My garage is completely flooded. Need to wait until it subsides before attempting to clean it up. 27 years in the house - never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• 20230401_082812.jpg
    20230401_082812.jpg
    1,017.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230401_082806.jpg
    20230401_082806.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
Back