• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Morning!
cracked wing mirror

I have no idea how to embed images, sorry.

*someone* broke the drivers door mirror, Ebay has one in japan but I wanted to check does anyone have one/recommend someone in the uk that might have one? It's for a pearl white E51 2002 with no lights or cameras.

Morning!
cracked wing mirror

*someone* broke the drivers door mirror, Ebay has one in japan but I wanted to check does anyone have one/recommend someone in the uk that might have one? It's for a pearl white E51 2002 with no lights or cameras.
You could try @stevemen at Tojo Motors ' Elgrand breakers.

Morning!
cracked wing mirror

Try Marketplace on Facebook as well and EBay, there are plenty around! 😁👍

Morning!
cracked wing mirror

No chance of repairing the mirror yourself bud @krazywookie? Looked at the picture and I would think that could be repaired and then sprayed with a can, theres some very good plastic repair kits out there and it might be cheaper than buying a whole new mirror 👍

I would but it's trashed the folding mechanism so it wobbles around now. I've found a chrome set with side repeaters on market place that might do the trick, what's the bets there's wiring in the doors for the repeaters?

There are whole S1 mirrors with the retract mechanism that have aftermarket repeaters incorporated on Jauce.com

I would but it's trashed the folding mechanism so it wobbles around now. I've found a chrome set with side repeaters on market place that might do the trick, what's the bets there's wiring in the doors for the repeaters?
Try cycling the mechanism all the way through fold and retract, mine went floppy, 😳😂 until it relatched.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I turned up a set of white s1 mirrors on facebook market place with a few scuffs and paid the man £220

Ouch

but that's the price of 1 from japan so there's not much room to complain. they've got CHROME (witness me) covers with side repeaters in them so if the wiring isn't there I'll run it anyway, it's quite a good safety thing.

to be fair the retract wasn't working in that mirror anyway, I waggled it back and forth, tried giving it a slap, nothing worked and it remains floppy.

Have I justified my purchase of chrome items enough yet?

this is a new thing to me and holy crap, what a dangerous thing to know
🤩 I’ve spent nearly £300 in the last 2 weeks on there! 🙈
Just wondering if CCTV footage were available, would the mirror vandal perp, Look a lot like you? 🤔 🤣

Went to DRA Services cos my new Elgrand e50 won't idle.
They said 'oh we've seen this one before and we diagnosed the fuel pump' ... My face dropped...
Then they told me that fuel pumps can't be repaired and finding a replacement is like finding rocking horse poop. On my knees...
Then I drove it home, it doesn't idle but it runs sooooo well. I love it already, just got to sort it. Its too good to give up on.
I also put a cherry flavour magic tree in it.

Went to DRA Services cos my new Elgrand e50 won't idle.
They said 'oh we've seen this one before and we diagnosed the fuel pump' ... My face dropped...
Then they told me that fuel pumps can't be repaired and finding a replacement is like finding rocking horse poop. On my knees...
Then I drove it home, it doesn't idle but it runs sooooo well. I love it already, just got to sort it. Its too good to give up on.
I also put a cherry flavour magic tree in it.
Did they actually run the diagnostics and get an error code?
You could try BMR who sells new parts (see trade section) or Tojo Motors (breakers).

Thank you,
Honeztly, some of what the guy, Dan I think, ended up sounding a bit like Charlie browns teacher, wah wah wa wa.... I was suddenly very sad....
Anyway, I don't know if they got a fault code no.
They were pretty clued up, or so it sounded. Said they'd diagnosed it and tried to trick it with other fixes. But to no avail.
Like I said I was in shock a little bit.
I have messaged BMR, regards the pump and also called a place (name escapes me) dealing in parts imported from Japan. The importer guy said 2k for a pump.
DRA guy said pump needs to come off to get type/serial number to ensure the right pump is sourced, if possible.
Anyhow, I'm not giving up yet. Only just got the thing.

Did they actually run the diagnostics and get an error code?
You could try BMR who sells new parts (see trade section) or Tojo Motors (breakers).

Thank you,
Honeztly, some of what the guy, Dan I think, ended up sounding a bit like Charlie browns teacher, wah wah wa wa.... I was suddenly very sad....
Anyway, I don't know if they got a fault code no.
They were pretty clued up, or so it sounded. Said they'd diagnosed it and tried to trick it with other fixes. But to no avail.
Like I said I was in shock a little bit.
I have messaged BMR, regards the pump and also called a place (name escapes me) dealing in parts imported from Japan. The importer guy said 2k for a pump.
DRA guy said pump needs to come off to get type/serial number to ensure the right pump is sourced, if possible.
Anyhow, I'm not giving up yet. Only just got the thing.
I'm reserving judgement on DRA. I used them for service and mot last month. They are not far at all from me so very convenient but were expensive compared with garage I've previously used. They say they are Elgrand experts but from what I saw thet seem to be more Bongo orientated.
I'm no mechanic by a long chalk but just a thought - have you tried a throttle relearn? I'm probably way off mark here but...

I'm reserving judgement on DRA. I used them for service and mot last month. They are not far at all from me so very convenient but were expensive compared with garage I've previously used. They say they are Elgrand experts but from what I saw thet seem to be more Bongo orientated.
I'm no mechanic by a long chalk but just a thought - have you tried a throttle relearn? I'm probably way off mark here but...
Agreed, very mazda bongo orientated, my pal said the same.
There is no mark to be off!
I've had the wagon 36 hours. So haven't tried anything yet.
I think a fault code reader is what's needed. They must have done that, mustnt they....
I'll try to find another Nissan sympathetic garage.
Appreciate your time and thought.

Back