• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

We've put it off, but it's probably time to start talking Corona...

Phil G

Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Self employed here,(arena rigger), no work=no income.
All payments made via bacs, all tax paid on time and accountable.
Why can they not pull their finger out...
🤔

robert edwards

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
true and i know my little rant was not as critical as being self employed or being laid off just not at the stage of shouting out the windows yet :joy:

Lize

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
East Anglia
Reaction score
First Name
Liz
Elgrand
E51
Region
East Anglia
hmm i will let him know and ill ask the doc im trying to get his prescriptions delivered so waiting on that but with his mild dementia that will be hard and if i dont turn up in the morning he will wait outside or keep ringing so its easier to get him its the unnecessary double trips to the chemist for unfilled or handed out in dribs and drabs prescriptions thats the problem one trip a week would be ideal
I’d definitely give the doctor a call if you don’t have luck with the prescription. My Dad was on warfarin and he was told not to eat leafy green vegetables such as broccoli because of the vitamin K so wonder if the drops are different in some way.

Highway Dave

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Yorkshire
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Elgrand
E51
Region
Yorkshire
Seems to me we are now gearing up for the worst bit, if you follow the way of things as they happened in china and Italy it would seem there is a surge of casualties to come, just before it starts to ease a little (hope i'm wrong ), but , stay safe guys--STAY AT HOME, as much as poss that is

Kermit

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Kermit
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
Seems to me we are now gearing up for the worst bit, if you follow the way of things as they happened in china and Italy it would seem there is a surge of casualties to come, just before it starts to ease a little (hope i'm wrong ), but , stay safe guys--STAY AT HOME, as much as poss that is
Agree, stay at home, stay safe, get yer Ellies to showroom condition.

We're going to see some huge numbers coming in soon, scary times.

boolsifter

Active Newbie
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
I heard on the news that some scientists were going to infect themselves with a deactivated version of the virus to help with research.
It has been suggested that all animal testing could be ended tomorrow, if lawyers were used. Lawyers have proliferated so there are plenty of them. Lawyers are always looking for new clients. There is nothing, nothing a lawyer will not do for his fee... Problem solved with a win, win scenario...

Parky

Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
David
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
I’d definitely give the doctor a call if you don’t have luck with the prescription. My Dad was on warfarin and he was told not to eat leafy green vegetables such as broccoli because of the vitamin K so wonder if the drops are different in some way.
Warfarin belongs to a class of drugs known as vitamin K antagonist - the "antidote" to warfarin overdose is simply vitamin K. Whether that's in tablet, liquid or vegetable form doesn't matter.

Mark (Madfish)

Admin
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
E50 Expert
North East
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Well, got a call from the hospital yesterday to cancel a procedure I've been waiting 8 weeks for (was due to happen 3rd of April)

Every non critical procedure is being cancelled even cancer related stuff, they really are hugely concerned about the incoming storm :(

Gutted and very frustrated as have some serious health concerns that this procedure would have helped alleviate BUT totally understand why it's happened and just have to roll with it untill this pandemic settles down.

NHS will face their darkest weeks soon, hope they manage to stay afloat, every single worker in there is a hero.

peter strokosz

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
peter
Well my workmate is still working alone, he said this morning that the main people on the roads this morn were in work vans , most with several workers in them.. so much for social distancing and staying at home.. I know most are self employed and have to work , hopefully the government will have something in place today to keep everyone at home..