• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Midlands West Midlands meet

Best time for you for monthly meet?

• Monday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tuesday Evening

• Wednesday Evening

• Thursday Evening

• Friday Evening

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Saturday Afternoon

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Saturday Evening

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Sunday Afternoon

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Sunday Evening

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Mother is 90 that weekend so all the family meeting up so will give this month a miss see you all next month if these meets are going to take off

Did this ever get off the ground ?

Did this ever get off the ground ?

We did have one meeting, but the attendance was poor and we discovered the hard way that the parking was not free.

We did have one meeting, but the attendance was poor and we discovered the hard way that the parking was not free.
No offence to any Brummies, but what was the attraction of Great Barr ?

No offence to any Brummies, but what was the attraction of Great Barr ?
I just tried to pick a location which would have easy access for anyone in the West Midlands, with motorways close by, that had car park, drinks and food available. Within 30 mins drive or so was a very large catchment area, so from a logistical point of view it should have been the best place for a meet up.

I just tried to pick a location which would have easy access for anyone in the West Midlands, with motorways close by, that had car park, drinks and food available. Within 30 mins drive or so was a very large catchment area, so from a logistical point of view it should have been the best place for a meet up.
I get that Ian, perhaps an East Midlands meet is the way forward ?

I get that Ian, perhaps an East Midlands meet is the way forward ?
There was one. After about the third time nobody showed up I decided I was fed up sitting on my own.

There was one. After about the third time nobody showed up I decided I was fed up sitting on my own.
Where was that one at ?

Where was that one at ?
It was at the Castlewood Brewers fayre just off junction 28 of the M1. Was quite a good regular meet up, but never really got going again after Covid.

It was at the Castlewood Brewers fayre just off junction 28 of the M1. Was quite a good regular meet up, but never really got going again after Covid.
That must be at least 50 miles from me, which side of Derby are you ?

That must be at least 50 miles from me, which side of Derby are you ?

Which is why it was the East Midlands meet! I am on the Nottingham side of Derby so it was not too far from me.

Lol ! I work over Burton way, thought you might be central Derby !

Hello all, as a current East Midlander (oh god, as a Lancastrian that feels dirty!) I'd just like to say that J28 is almost Yorkshire. That's too far into the friendly north for midlanders.... I'm probably closer to a West Midlands meet than an East Midland meet despite being east of the M1. Just a thought.

I have often thought it would be a good idea to meet up at the "vans united" meets in Burton on Trent. At least that way if no other EOC members turn up you won't be left on your own.

I`d do that one if it`s not stacked out with " VW rule the world " types ??

When is the next meet ?

Back