• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WARNING SYSTEM NOW IN PLACE FOR 10 POST RULE

If you post a technical question in a NON technical area, there will now be warning points put on your user account.
Once you hit 3 points, your account will be deleted.
You will receive a first and second warning regarding the status of your account, there will be no third warning.
At this point you will have to re-register and start again.

This applies to EVERYONE whether they are new members, old members with more than 10 posts or Premium Members.

ALL TECHNICAL QUESTIONS MUST BE IN THE TECHNICAL SECTION!

https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/#technical-area.16

View attachment 9114

I am sick to death of spending 2-3 hours a day scrolling through and moving posts to the correct place. Please help to make my life, and the lives of the whole administration team, easier by following the rules.

The reason we made access changes earlier this year was to ensure that ElgrandOC has a secure and solid future, and it is working.

If you post a technical question in the Newbies section, or in the General Chat... then ANYONE AROUND THE WORLD can benefit from the answers given. Which negates the WHOLE POINT of putting the rules in place.
The technical section is locked to anyone who has NOT made 10 posts or paid for premium members.
All members who have made 10 posts or paid for membership are CONTRIBUTING TO THE CLUB. These people have access to the whole forum for their own benefit. You give a little, you get a LOT in return. But you MUST GIVE A LITTLE first.

If you have unlocked access to the whole forum, please use it correctly. Ensure you are putting posts in the correct place BEFORE you post them... if you are still unsure as to where to post a topic, please ask one of the staff members for assistance.

I have a life outside of the club. If I choose to spend my spare time browsing the club, I want to be doing it to get involved with conversation, help answer questions, and occasionally do some "admin" work to keep things ticking over... but at the moment, I cannot be on here for more than 2 minutes without finding posts in the wrong place.

Please respect the rules.
What happens if you answer a technical question in a non-technical section? :rolleyes:

What happens if you answer a technical question in a non-technical section? :rolleyes:

Nothing. It's up to the OP to ensure they are in the correct section. Not up to other people to notice where they are replying and who they are replying to. It's club staff responsibility to ensure that threads are located in the correct place.

You can help out by reporting a post if you believe it to be in the wrong place, then it will get our attention and save us having to hunt them down :D

I think the best solution is to have a three page registration form on which you have to put your home address and phone number and await a call from admin with a secret word before you can login for the first time. :p

Apologies to those who’ve only been in the Elgrand scene for a couple of years and won’t understand the origins of my above comment:)

As a Newbie I'm glad I stumbled across this post. I looked back at my registration email and saw it was mentioned, however it may be useful to make the text in bold as I skimmed through and missed it first time round!

As a Newbie I'm glad I stumbled across this post. I looked back at my registration email and saw it was mentioned, however it may be useful to make the text in bold as I skimmed through and missed it first time round!

Okay bud, I'll look into making it a little more Obvious :)

Noted. Hope this count as one of my 10. 😁

I think the best solution is to have a three page registration form on which you have to put your home address and phone number and await a call from admin with a secret word before you can login for the first time. :p

Apologies to those who’ve only been in the Elgrand scene for a couple of years and won’t understand the origins of my above comment:)

I never got that call ...think they didn't like the cut of my jib

and i've never been approached to join a secret society of Elgrand owners either...

Back