• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Warning of potential site closure (The site will not be closed - just having life issues).

@Karl
Karl you created an awsome club that won a trohpy in its first showing at JAE, it would be a shame to see it close, you've been here since the start and brought together what was originally a small goup of people with like and knowledge requirement of 1 model of vehice to the club as it stands now.

you've done a lot of work for the club and you should be proud regardless of what you decide.

Banning the ingrates means they could sign up as another user but publically displaying their e-mail addresses so we can sign them up to spam may help :p......damn, hope im not on this list :joy::joy::joy::joy:.

if you want a break from your Elgrand you can always swap with my transit tourneo :p

This is very sad to read about and I am assuming its got a lot to do with FB as ive not read ANY insults or abuse towards Karl on here if this is the case.

Take a BIG break Karl and get yourself back on track. The rest of the club Staff will take the reigns and keep it afloat.

My biggest problems is the fact that a lot of people have little to no respect for what goes into keeping this place going. They also have little to no respect for what goes on in people's private lives.

All the rants I've ever had have been general rants to get people to listen and appreciate the work that goes in, or to get people to follow the rules. I have NEVER directed a rant AT someone else.

Yet recently, there has been a lot of personal attacks against me both publicly and privately.

In all honesty, I have so much shit going on in my own life that receiving that level of abuse from self entitled little cunts is just too much. So rather than sticking with it, I'm removing it from my life.

I am emotionally unstable enough to just pull the plug on the website and walk away. I am stubborn enough to block anyone who tries to contact me about the decision. But my conscience won't let me, because I know that there are really really good people out there who benefit from this club. I've met some of the best people I've ever known through this club... and it would be a shame for those people to lose out just because other's spoil it for them.

So if any of those people who have had a pop at me recently, during what has been the most difficult time of my life outside of the club, I hope you read this and see just how much of an impact it has when you throw shit in my face. I hope you realise that if this club ever does disappear, it's because of you.

d786b212a3570747cf781f0f6e107c3c--encouraging-thoughts-scripture-encouraging.jpg

My biggest problems is the fact that a lot of people have little to no respect for what goes into keeping this place going. They also have little to no respect for what goes on in people's private lives.

All the rants I've ever had have been general rants to get people to listen and appreciate the work that goes in, or to get people to follow the rules. I have NEVER directed a rant AT someone else.

Yet recently, there has been a lot of personal attacks against me both publicly and privately.

In all honesty, I have so much shit going on in my own life that receiving that level of abuse from self entitled little cunts is just too much. So rather than sticking with it, I'm removing it from my life.

I am emotionally unstable enough to just pull the plug on the website and walk away. I am stubborn enough to block anyone who tries to contact me about the decision. But my conscience won't let me, because I know that there are really really good people out there who benefit from this club. I've met some of the best people I've ever known through this club... and it would be a shame for those people to lose out just because other's spoil it for them.

So if any of those people who have had a pop at me recently, during what has been the most difficult time of my life outside of the club, I hope you read this and see just how much of an impact it has when you throw shit in my face. I hope you realise that if this club ever does disappear, it's because of you.

Have to say some of the shit that's been posted on FB recently has been god awful

As you say the minority spoil it for the majority

No matter what anyone's opinions of people there's no excuse for abuse because they don't agree with an opinion...or in many cases statement of fact regarding E51 Cats....Just people looking to fight over anything and see a soft target as someone the other side of a computer screen

Internet Trolls are everywhere and they don't give a shit about anyone or anything and just do it for kicks

Take some time out and have a life

Pippa is great and you need some time just as a couple, then time with your boys fella, I know its hard right now but you are stronger than the shit that's been dumped on you

I have never been on the ElgrandOC Facebook page tbh didn't know it really existed. How sad it sounds? FB is poison. The forum to me is quite well behaved and I have never noticed any abuse. The odd off topic/unhelpful post for instance commenting on somebody's for sale car is quickly removed which is great.

I hope you feel better soon Karl

Karl maybe it's time to take a break mate? Hand the site over to the admin team for however long you need, we'd be gutted if this place went, but more importantly, you would be too.

What you've created here is an amazing place, one that no doubt is responsible for the number of new Elgrands that pop up in the UK.

Hear hear! This forum is a massively valuable resource, in a way that no facebook group will ever be. I hope to continue being a paid-up member for years to come.

only 3 things more important than this site mate, thats your life, your health and your family, take a break and come back stronger, The admin team are more than capable of running things for the time off you need, Ban the fools and abusers and lets grow bigger. Best Wishes

This club and the majority of members are good folk, no one should have to defend themselves against personal attack’s , hope you take some time out and don’t ever forget what a fantastic job you have done creating this club and bring fellow Elgrand owners together.. wish you well in any decision you make, we’re not here for a long time ,we’re here for a good time..

Take a well earned brake.
Drop Facebook. its the biggest backstabbing, shitslinging app ever.
If I can help in any way just shout.
Look after yourself mate.

I might just be "loosing my shit" at the moment, so I'll leave the club in the capable hands of @Madfish and the team.

I have no idea if I'll ever step back up... at the moment it's hard enough just to get out of bed and after this morning, seems even that is something I'm struggling with.

@Karl Not been a member long and never met you but been there in my own life (some days still am), life can be shit at times, you ever need someone to rant at drop me an email (i trust you'll have my address i used to register here).

Take a well earned brake.
Drop Facebook. its the biggest backstabbing, shitslinging app ever.
If I can help in any way just shout.
Look after yourself mate.

Would agree with dropping the facebook page but on the other hand, if it gives all these keyboard warriors somewhere to live and keeps them off the forum where the genuine folks live then it may be good to keep (just remember its purpose :))

@Karl you and the team do an amazing job. Have never ran a forum but have been a member here and am amazed at how well its ran. You always get keyboard warriors and that spoils it for the rest. I'm sure @Madfish and everyone else will keep your baby running smoothly just dont give up. Time out re-evaluate and come back bigger and stronger. I know everyone else had said so but we are all here to help in anyway possible, i believe your not given anything in life you cant handle. Stay strong you and your family first

Would agree with dropping the facebook page but on the other hand, if it gives all these keyboard warriors somewhere to live and keeps them off the forum where the genuine folks live then it may be good to keep (just remember its purpose :))
Even if they decided to migrate on to here we would suss them out in no time and then Madfish can block them all. I wish " our Karl " all the best in his well earned break and I also think as a sign of support to Karl and a sign of " get lost " to who ever has upset him we should just STOP talking about this horrible topic and close it so the offending gits cannot hop on board and then as Madfish says its business as usual on here for the foreseeable and long may it remain that way. I don't see any point in prolonging the agony any further by keeping on talking about it. It wont change anything that's already occurred TBH and which I have not seen or read nor do I wish to either. So for the good and benefit of everyone and the continued success of this forum we should close this discussion down and enjoy what we have.

can sympathise with you. different scenario with me when I was a youth team football coach. Parents dumping shit on you verbal abuse, text abuse, email abuse. BUT felt so much better when i resigned and put that side of my life away and told those few arseholes to do one. There are some serious muppet's out there.

Best decision I ever made was to step down after 3 years as a secretary/treasurer of a costume group. Within 6 months I was in that role in another group and the stress came back.

Sometimes we all need to take a break from any admin role. The team will keep everything ticking over and you will be able to chill and get yourself sorted.

As on fb...you need to talk about anything them feel free to message!

Back