• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Warning of potential site closure (The site will not be closed - just having life issues).

Can only echo what's already been said. It is a great site / club and you've done a great job running it. Take a break but don't kill it off - you've created something to be proud of and it can continue to be that.

Not on the facebook so really don't care if that dies, but I would really miss this place as I'm sure the majority would. The good does really out weigh the bad on here - anyone causing problems, bring out the ban hammer*

*Please don't ban me.

Only just read this thread and like blingo said above I can only echo what comments have already been made! Karl and the Admin team have put together such an amazing forum which I enjoy visiting everyday and without it I would be devastated! I have no links what so ever to Facebook and never will, unfortunately my wife also has numerous attacks at her even though she tries to help sick people around the world, there will always be arseholes wherever we go, unfortunately its normally good people that suffer! Keep your chin up mate!! :)

@Karl you should feel proud of what you have achieved with this forum. Been an Elgrand owner and member of the forum for just a short while but really appreciate the work you have put into it and the tremendous value I have got from of it already. You have a lot of support from the people that matter. Take care and look after yourself. :grinning:

Due to the number of ingrates... ElgrandOC may be closing.

After 3.5 years, its too much stress to carry on.

I'll make my final decision in the coming weeks.

Dear Karl ,

I haven't been a member of this club for very long but I really do enjoy this site (didn't even know there was a face book site as Well ? ) .
You have created a wonderful club that many people appreciate, they also fully appreciate you Sir and all the hard work that you and the admin team do on a daily basis ! Hence why there is at least forty posts on this subject because people genuinely care about you .
You are very well liked by all members who truely value your input .
You are such a nice /hard working person and come across very well indeed in your posts and ive had some real belly laughs at some of your funny replies , as I'm sure many people have too ! On a more serious note , on another thread , you made me/us aware that you also have to deal with a plethora of phone calls too !
I am sorry you feel the way you do at this present time and it certainly sounds like you could do with a break , as so many concerned people have previously mentioned.
I have read every single post and every one is ever so sincere with copious amounts of genuine help .
Stress is a strange thing indeed and you need to de-stress as soon as you possibly can ! Your health right now is extremely important so maybe a break will do you good !!! So whatever you choose to do mate , i wish you well ! Please remember, there will always , unfortunately be internet trolls / key board warriors and lowlife bumberling baffoons that go out of their way to make people's lives difficult with pathetic cheap insults ! Please dont take them seriously fella ! You are by far the better person and dearly loved by us all at this club !
Keep your chin up Sir and hold it high !!!
Kind regards, Nathan 😀👍

I’m not long n here and obviously don’t know you, but the site is great and a testament to your enthusiasm and hard work. If you can take a break or hand over, then do what you feel is right. Look after yourself first and foremost.
Best wishes.

Hey Karl, look after yourself and take a break. If I can do anything to help from down here let me know, even if you fancy a few weeks down under and need a place to stay. Also stay off Facebook, I havn't touched it for 3 weeks now and I cant tell you how liberating it is.

Karl - Never let the greasy little CUNTS win. Not ever.
I hope I speak for many other loyal members who admire and respect you Karl.
What you have built here is more than an enthusiasts club, its a little community who share and help each other out.
That's very precious in today's dog-eat-dog world.

That said, your wellbeing is more important than anything else. You matter most of all. Do what you need to do for yourself.
We're in safe hands and I believe that the club will survive because it's a force for good.
Furthermore a POX upon social media, IMHO it's an out of control curse not a useful inter-human tool.

hey karl.
I think its time to hand over the rigns to your admin team and take a year out to concentrate on what is important to yourself in life to help you get to a better place.
there will aways be keyboard warriors in all aspects of the internet.
I agree that people who have unwarranted personal insults thrown at them should be protected from internet trolls so use the ban hammer more, but not before doing the bigger and better person part of a fair warning process as everyone can have a bad day and say something even they regret saying after saying it so a chance for them to appologise and know they have been warned may help.
im sure(especialy from reading whats been said) everyone who helps to keep the club running can agree that if you need to walk away for a while it will still be maintained in your absence till you are in a happier more stable place to take it back on.

Back