• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Vintage Hot Rod Racing on the beach.

Steve Thompson

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Elgrand
E51
Sounds like fun.
I'm going with a couple of Vdummers so I'm outnumbered and looking for club back up!
If you fancy it see here:- http://vhra.co.uk
The runners are all booked now but it's a free to view event.
Just turn up, Pendine beach in Wales.
Parking on the beach is £4 all day.
Interesting location, lots of record breaking speed history - Bluebird, Malcolm Campbell etc and a museum.
What's not to like.
I'm staying at:- www.meadowfarmtenby.co.uk
Tenby is a fantastic destination.
If you fancy it you need to get in quick.
I'm not organising anything for anyone just in case we get another lock down (don't blame me) but you've gotta plan these things or they won't happen.
See you there.
October 2-3rd.

Last edited:
Sorted.
Nice one chap.
Should be a laugh if we get a few more to go.

Would love to go , but to far 🙈🙈been there on hol about 20 years ago , u were allowed to take own car on beach them days , had loads of fun with kids and my patrol lol , even did sands in a fire engine, was on for raising money at a fare , lovely place and area. We stopped at Tenby for about 17 nights , happy memories

Would love to go , but to far 🙈🙈been there on hol about 20 years ago , u were allowed to take own car on beach them days , had loads of fun with kids and my patrol lol , even did sands in a fire engine, was on for raising money at a fare , lovely place and area. We stopped at Tenby for about 17 nights , happy memories
You can drive on the beach.
For miles apparently.

You can drive on the beach.
For miles apparently.
I heard it got stopped years ago , after a few cars got caught with tide , when I was they it was quite busy with cars , just kept moving back when tide got closer , made beach day so easy with young family , load jeep up with everything, saves carrying everything, be gd if still allowed , not that I would take my Elgrand on lol

I heard it got stopped years ago , after a few cars got caught with tide , when I was they it was quite busy with cars , just kept moving back when tide got closer , made beach day so easy with young family , load jeep up with everything, saves carrying everything, be gd if still allowed , not that I would take my Elgrand on lol
They did stop it but it's started again.
Can't wait.
Driving on the beach has got to be cool.

Why is it that you have no where to go to and nothing to do for a year, then you get two things on the same weekend?
Fkin typical.
Anyway - anyone who can't go to the Jap show at Santa Pod and/or is stuck in Wales.
This will be a crac.
Campsite is filling fast though!

Bumping this post to get more interest.
If you fancy it.
Just over 2 hours drive into Wales from the Severn Bridge.
Free event and different in many ways from normal!
Go on.

## EVENT CANCELLED ##
Bugger.
I was looking forward to this.

Oh SH*T, so was I, b*****, f***, s***, b*******, have you been able to cancel the camp site yet?

Back