• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT MESSAGE FOR ALL TO READ

He will... I'll beat him with a wet fish if he ever thinks of closing the site...

7 years into Elgrand ownership and daily (online) participation in the scene and it's getting better and bigger by the day. Great fun to be part of. Big thanks to @Karl for being slightly nuts and creating such a fun and interesting club, website and Facebook Group.

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to use forum a lot more found it a bit difficult at first to find my way round but am getting used to it now just need to stick with it well done every body and thank you very much :clap:

ive never joined any other oc in the past as I thought they would be full of spanner monkeys, weirdos, freaks,nut jobs, etc..... found this club to be a god send with a wealth of information and help, hey I fit right in ...not on fuck book as I don't need to see what people had for dinner... long live the Elgrand oc..

... spanner monkeys, weirdos, freaks,nut jobs, etc....

Love that description and I think it fits for us too, yet somehow the mix works here. Probably because nobody takes (or is allowed to take) themselves too seriously. It's like a good Irish stew where you put less than perfect ingredients in a pot and cook it for 6 hours & get something wonderful to eat. I think the fact our head chef is nuts helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try and post items on here and then post the link on Facebook that way it gets a bigger audience and hopefully the link makes them use the forum, especially if I think it's something that's useful and don't want it lost, in Facebook, but if it's just funny stuff or shite(which most of mine are) I leave the banter on Facebook.
Facebook is useful to direct people to here as think everyone's got a mobile with Facebook access nowadays, and those who don't use Facebook (very understandably) will still see/read the more useful stuff by simply clicking on recent posts.
I personally tick the box after signing in that says "stay permanently signed in", that way I simply click on the "new post" button when I enter everyday to read any new posts, rather than trawling through every section.
Keep the faith Karl, everyone loves yer :)

It's like a good Irish stew where you put less than perfect ingredients in a pot and cook it for 6 hours & get something wonderful to eat. I think the fact our head chef is nuts helps.

I beg your pardon! I am THE perfect ingredient I'll have you know.

But yeah... if you take yourself too seriously, just wander off a short pier... no time for that. Just get stuck in and have a laugh. I might go to JAE as the mad hatter next year :rofl:

I beg your pardon! I am THE perfect ingredient I'll have you know.

But yeah... if you take yourself too seriously, just wander off a short pier... no time for that. Just get stuck in and have a laugh. I might go to JAE as the mad hatter next year :rofl:
that would not work as the mad hatter is tea total

I'm a new user to the forum and have only had my Elgrand a fortnight. From my short time on here I'm really impressed by the valuable information, friendly people and ease of use of the forum. All credit to you Karl for creating something great here - keep up the good work and have a beer!!!

Cheers @Paulgray, always nice to get positive feedback :)

I am sick to death of the Facebook page being abused and the Forum being forgotten about.

We've already seen the death of Ning, and a lot of helpful information on that site has disappeared forever.

Unlike the owner of said site, I will not make a song and dance about it. If you don't use the forum, I'll delete it. Simple.

For those who DO use the forum on a regular basis, I will find another medium for us to be able to use and the information on this site will be available to those few who do (I will drop the hosting package, remove everything except the forum and lock it down so that it is no longer a public resource, but at least those who put the effort int will still be able to benefit from it and converse among themselves.

Use it or lose it. This is not a threat, it will happen because I can be that much of a cock.
Karl, As a new user of the forum I've already found it an invaluable source of information ~ can't believe why it isn't Elgrand users first port of call??
Keep up the good work!
Regards, Ian

This is a great forum Karl,you are doing a wonderful job.I've only been a member for a couple of weeks but found it very helpful when stepping into the unknown when I first purchased my Ellie.

What's Facebook. ???..this place is my second home 4 nights s week ..love reading through questions and new posts ..

Blimey I missed this post, thread, not been a member and Elgrand owner for long but have found some good bits and Bob's , tips, etc so far...do like looking at everyone's pictures.
Karl you are doing a top job mate, and all the other helpers and members... hope you do keep it going, and it goes from strength to strength . .
I do use the other elgeand Facebook groups also....but I always pop back onto this forum every day to catch up... I would assume the casual owner on the Facebook group would also try to come overvto the forum. . How many members are in this group. and how many people on the Facebook group.? .... Assume links on f,book to send folks over to forum .
Sometimes I can only use my Windows phone, not always use my tablets.. and I find I can link useful sites, links, etc on f,book group a lot easier . . but I do try to get info onto both if I can., need to become premium member ......cheers martyn

Hi Karl, well done on creating and running this awesome forum!

I've found so many brilliant solutions from really helpful and genuine people. I've tried to give a little back by posting a few things I've found out, too.

I come on here probably every other night and enjoy following what everyone is doing.

I don't like Facebook, either. I only use it as a last option.

Cheers fella, keep up the good work!

I love the forum. I literally googled Nissan Elgrand before I was looking at shopping for one two weeks ago, stumbled across it, decided to sign up and then went and bought one. The community seems so cool so it wasn't just buying a vehicle, it was buying into community of people who are only passionate about their trucks. :)

Back