• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT MESSAGE FOR ALL TO READ

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I am sick to death of the Facebook page being abused and the Forum being forgotten about.

We've already seen the death of Ning, and a lot of helpful information on that site has disappeared forever.

Unlike the owner of said site, I will not make a song and dance about it. If you don't use the forum, I'll delete it. Simple.

For those who DO use the forum on a regular basis, I will find another medium for us to be able to use and the information on this site will be available to those few who do (I will drop the hosting package, remove everything except the forum and lock it down so that it is no longer a public resource, but at least those who put the effort int will still be able to benefit from it and converse among themselves.

Use it or lose it. This is not a threat, it will happen because I can be that much of a cock.

Agree m8 if its not used bin it. I am as guilty as anyone for not spending much time on forum but will make a better efort

What's up Mate.
There are loads of us on here who aren't even on face book.
I've found a friendly site. Let's try to keep it that way.

Who Ning?

I don't know. About half an hour ago a bad mood just consumed me. In a really foul mood right now. I am sick to death of giving everything, all my time, effort and money to help people and getting little to nothing back.

I apologise profusely for those of you who DO put the effort in and use the site as it was intended. As I said, for those people a resolution will be put into place.

There is no nee to shut the forum down...

People will use Facebook no matter how much you ask them not too.

EOC is always growing and has already collected lots of useful posts.

It's never going to be as busy as forums of more common cars, it's just down to number pure and simple.

She is still relatively young and already has done better than the other Elgrand sites.

I'm not on facebook anymore, don't like it, too many people get opinions and start online arguments.

much prefer this forum, a lot of helpful people and info, and focused on the one thing its designed for...anything Elgrand.

I can find things easily and then say...Ah I didn't know that, but if it gets shut down then so be it.

karl, you've done a great job with the forum anyway and all the credit to you mate, and then everyone else who's come on here to help.

Keep the faith Karl - this is a hugely valuable resource and I for one found it extremely helpful in the short time I've been here - so thanks to everyone for their contributions. I do agree though - the only way for this to succeed is for everyone to contribute - this is a collaborative space and hopefully as more people discover what a great vehicle the Elgrand is more people will find their way here.

I'm certainly grateful for the contributions made so far - stick with it mate - it can only improve - and I will support the forum and OC as much as I can to help.

Cheers

Jon :clap2:

Well, the post count average has increased already today, so my rantings might actually be making people think. This is good and all I want to see.

It takes a little more effort to use the forum than it does Facebook, and there are some features that are just so easy to use on Facebook too. But as I said on the Facebook thread/rant, if you lose the remote to the TV, you get up and change the channel. Is that REALLY too much effort, or do you sit in a dark quiet room and stare at a blank screen? No, you get up and do it.

The forum will NEVER be as easy to use as Facebook - I don't make millions and have thousands of staff to develop and moderate this website. There is me, little old me, with NO previous experience running a website. It's free.

I just want those people who use Facebook and thank me for the website to actually get on here and use it as it's intended.

I understand where you are coming from Karl, and like those who have posted so far, would feel it was a great shame if it was to disappear.

This is Nothing like Ning was. (Ning was another Elgrand Forum that was closed recently).

Like a lot of other people with Elgrands, I personally think Ning killed itself off by being unusable to people who wanted information, without going through the nonsense of telephone interviews and membership fees. Even a call to the posted website phone was met with apathy.

Here, thanks to you all, but mostly to Karl, we have open information, and those who want to become premium members AND YOU ALL SHOULD, also help to support the club.

FACEBOOK. As has been said. A lot of people use it, a lot of people don't. I don't, and I don't go along with this modern day compulsive social media matey, buddy, lovey dovey bollocks with everyone knowing everyone else's business. It's probably an age thing for me. But for those who use it, I understand it's their choice.

I made a point recently, that at the risk of being boring, I will repeat.

The post somebody makes TODAY, may well be the post that YOU will be looking for tomorrow

Now THAT people surely is the basis of any good forums. Information shared is information stored, and we ALL benefit from it. LOST INFORMATION as on Facebook, is no bloody use to anybody.

What Does occasionally piss me off, are people who come onto forums (all forums) for advice. They get that advice, and then just disappear. No THANK YOU no reply. Obviously, I tend to think, well F you mate, next time you are in the proverbial, it's very probable that I just don't see your HELP!! post (as recently) Have some manners and say thanks in future, or try Facebook!!

So to summarise. I would be very sad to see this go. It's an amazing achievement for such a relatively small ownership vehicle. But it's growing, all the time. The bottom line of it though is this. From a personal point of view, I can sort out my car problems, mechanically and electrically. I can source my parts. I can do everything I want to do with MY car, because I have that knowledge. You guys who don't, YOU will be the ones who will lose out if you don't start supporting YOUR CLUB Not us.

I hope we start to see more interest in what's going on here, and that the site will survive,
I would hate to see all our hard work wasted.

Keith.

Member of the month award goes to........ spannerdemon :rofl:

I feel very humble Sir. Shall I get the beers..? :laugh: :laugh:

Like I've said mate, let's make it work, Everybody needs to get involved!!

Karl

As a newcomer, I can tell you that this forum is worth the effort. What you've done here is superb!
It's been a huge help to me in my first few weeks of Elgrand ownership, so please do keep it going.
I've just seen the premium membership thing now, which I'll do to assist in keeping it up and running.

Nick

You're a star mate. Thank you :thumbup:

Hi Karl,

Prior to owning an Elgrand I had a Toyota Granvia, in the short time this site has been going it has probably had more posts than in my four years of Granvia ownership. I am not sure of the numbers of each vehicle that has been imported, but at least in my area there seems to be far more Granvias than Elgrands, so you must be doing something right. Please keep the Forum going as I am another who really does not like facebook. Because I do not go online everyday it is so easy to miss something on facebook & dont get me going on when I KNOW I have seen something,& then have to spend an inordinate amount of time searching for said item.

Please keep up the good work, Alan.

Hi Karl, I own two Elgrands and use the forum for information and advice, I am also guilty of asking questions on Facebook, but I now understand the forum better.
We will meet at JAE event I would appreciate you showing me how to navigate, post photos track comments,etc
if anybody else wants to join and have a crash course on how to get the best out of the forum we could set some time aside to have Karl show us the way.
I will bring the beers !!!

Karl, simply answer here is to close the fb page down.
I try to use both, but do tend to keep my how do you do questions to on here.
Also and help gets asked on here.
Only thing I find hard to do on the forum is upload pics (hence why I asked previously about tapatalk).
I've had a lot of help on here and would like to see it get used more.
So quite simply remove the fb page and watch those posts start to grow.

Both have their place.

The main lesson to learn and accept from Ning & all the other car Forum is that you can't force FB users over to Forums.

Just accept they are two totally unrelated things sharing a brand/name only.

Use the Group as a feeder for the Forum unfortunately only a few FB users will bother, but the Forum is in no worse position.

It's fairly simple to post links to the Forum on Facebook. Forum users could answer FB questions on the Forum & post links ...

I'm very new here, just picked up my Elgrand this week, but have used the forum massively in the last few days. A veritable mine of information, I have hardly had to ask any questions, I've just had to use the search function, and there it is!!
Please don't pull the plug on the forum, the knowledge on here helped me make my decision to buy my Elgrand, I think if it were to close down it would be a sad thing!

Back