• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT - LIFE SAVING MEDICATION FUNDRAISER

We have forfeited our chippy tea, the money is Yasmins, I’m cooking…
… beans on toast it is !

I hope Yasmin wakes up in the morning with no ailments whatsoever, then you can tell your insurance company to Stick It !

I will be bringing this to the attention of the BigMan tonight, just in case he has overlooked or missed your calls.

We have forfeited our chippy tea, the money is Yasmins, I’m cooking…
… beans on toast it is !

I hope Yasmin wakes up in the morning with no ailments whatsoever, then you can tell your insurance company to Stick It !

I will be bringing this to the attention of the BigMan tonight, just in case he has overlooked or missed your calls.

Thank you so much @WhatsThisFor!!! My wife is extremely touched by yours and everyones generosity!

My first thought are that the Netherlands are part of the EU so the ECHR applies and this includes Article 2 The Right To Life.
It might be worth reading through Art 2 and possibly Arts 8 and 9.
Here's a link to Art 2 info.

My first thought are that the Netherlands are part of the EU so the ECHR applies and this includes Article 2 The Right To Life.
It might be worth reading through Art 2 and possibly Arts 8 and 9.
Here's a link to Art 2 info.

Thank you so much for your efforts @George322! Unfortunately my wife has already tried this with multiple Human Right Lawyer here in The Netherlands who are very happy to take our money to then tell us there is nothing they can do! The top Human Right Lawyer charged us 1500 euros at the beginning of this year knowing our financial situation to just tell us there was nothing she can do!
My wife actually studied to be a Barrister and she went to University at the age of 16 and was the youngest girl at that time to get a Law Degree.
One of the ideas of moving to The Netherlands was for her to work in the Criminal War Tribunal in The Hague but unfortunately her Genetic Conditions put a stop to this!
Thanks guys for thinking of her its much appreciated!

Hi Richard,

Have you and your wife looked at LDN for pain relief?

I've used it myself for the last 5 years and it's helped me a lot with the pain associated with M.E. I purchase it via private prescription from a chemist in Scotland and it's delivered to me direct, they also deliver to Europe.

If you need to know any more details please feel free to PM me.

Anyway in case you had not heard about it, I'll leave some links for you to view.

Wishing you both easier days ahead.

Thank you so much for your efforts @George322! Unfortunately my wife has already tried this with multiple Human Right Lawyer here in The Netherlands who are very happy to take our money to then tell us there is nothing they can do! The top Human Right Lawyer charged us 1500 euros at the beginning of this year knowing our financial situation to just tell us there was nothing she can do!
My wife actually studied to be a Barrister and she went to University at the age of 16 and was the youngest girl at that time to get a Law Degree.
One of the ideas of moving to The Netherlands was for her to work in the Criminal War Tribunal in The Hague but unfortunately her Genetic Conditions put a stop to this!
Thanks guys for thinking of her its much appreciated!
Ahhh the old bunch of Shylock lawyers where they are happy to take your money then state the obvious........ there is a special place in Hell for them.

Hi Richard,

Have you and your wife looked at LDN for pain relief?

I've used it myself for the last 5 years and it's helped me a lot with the pain associated with M.E. I purchase it via private prescription from a chemist in Scotland and it's delivered to me direct, they also deliver to Europe.

If you need to know any more details please feel free to PM me.

Anyway in case you had not heard about it, I'll leave some links for you to view.

Wishing you both easier days ahead.

@LawLozUK My word mate what are the chances of this!
Me, my wife and son have been using LDN drops for years now!!!! My wife uses this not for pain relief but for her Behçets disease, PCOS and Endometriosis, they all stay under control as long as she does not miss her dosage of 4.5mgs!
Unfortunately the LDN does not treat her Dysphagia or Gastroparesis in any way, but thank you so much for the information! My wife is actually an LDN advocate and runs groups on Facebook for LDN, we have heard of so many successfully stories!

Ahhh the old bunch of Shylock lawyers where they are happy to take your money then state the obvious........ there is a special place in Hell for them.

Brilliant you made my wife giggle which is something today @diable. Their hourly rate here is 325 euros plus VAT, seems my wife ends up knowing more than them, their a joke!!!!

@LawLozUK My word mate what are the chances of this!
Me, my wife and son have been using LDN drops for years now!!!! My wife uses this not for pain relief but for her Behçets disease, PCOS and Endometriosis, they all stay under control as long as she does not miss her dosage of 4.5mgs!
Unfortunately the LDN does not treat her Dysphagia or Gastroparesis in any way, but thank you so much for the information! My wife is actually an LDN advocate and runs groups on Facebook for LDN, we have heard of so many successfully stories!
I'm glad you all know about it, shame that big pharma seems to have a monopoly on health solutions and other alternative treatments are made hard to obtain.

That's great that your wife is an LDN advocate, many people's lives have been made easier because of it!

Ohh my goodness Richard, I’m a retired nurse and your wife’s plight has brought me to tears.
This really is appalling treatment of a person with such complex care needs. I wish I lived closer as I would offer to come and sit with her so you could get on with repairing your van.
I’m lost for words, I really cannot understand the Insurance company’s stance on the provision of vital medication.
It’s more than a disgrace, however, I may get banned if I say what I really feel.
I cannot imagine the strain you must be under. I hope you are getting some support from somewhere.
I’ll be happy to make a donation to try and help.
Sending love and best wishes to you, your wife and your family x

Ohh my goodness Richard, I’m a retired nurse and your wife’s plight has brought me to tears.
This really is appalling treatment of a person with such complex care needs. I wish I lived closer as I would offer to come and sit with her so you could get on with repairing your van.
I’m lost for words, I really cannot understand the Insurance company’s stance on the provision of vital medication.
It’s more than a disgrace, however, I may get banned if I say what I really feel.
I cannot imagine the strain you must be under. I hope you are getting some support from somewhere.
I’ll be happy to make a donation to try and help.
Sending love and best wishes to you, your wife and your family x

Thank you so much for your kind words Janet, can you believe we are still fighting the same fight with lawyers now involved and still no final outcome! My wife's family are from Liverpool as i saw you were from Merseyside. Her Auntie is also a Phlebotomist at the Royal :)

I was born a Scouser but lived in Cumbria until recently. I moved here to be nearer my daughter and grandchildren in Bolton following the loss of my husband. I have done some nursing at Alder Hey and HMP Liverpool (Walton Jail) as an agency nurse but that was years ago.

Hi Richard ,hope you get this sorted soon no one should have to go through this.
Tried the PayPal link and it’s say can’t find it ?

Could I please kindly ask for everyone to cross their fingers and toes, or if you are a believer please could you take the time to say a pray for my dear wife. Tomorrow should be the day of the verdict for my wife medication costs, even though the court hearing was actually last Thursday and it was an Emergency injunction that should give an immediate decision, but we have had to wait for nearly one week to hear the verdict!
We were left very shocked by hearing what the other side (Local Council) said as they said to the judge during the hearing, "Why can she not use illegal drugs and alcohol instead"!

Thanks in advance,

Long shot Richard and I'm sure you will have already gone through it but are either of you still 'UK' citizens living in Holland? Does our NHS not possibly cover you then? They generally seem happy to send help to anywhere else in the world. I'd contact the BBC, they might be glad of a storyline to get their teeth into. If nothing else it may help to swell and go fund me option etc.
Be strong the pair of you 💝

Could I please kindly ask for everyone to cross their fingers and toes, or if you are a believer please could you take the time to say a pray for my dear wife. Tomorrow should be the day of the verdict for my wife medication costs, even though the court hearing was actually last Thursday and it was an Emergency injunction that should give an immediate decision, but we have had to wait for nearly one week to hear the verdict!
We were left very shocked by hearing what the other side (Local Council) said as they said to the judge during the hearing, "Why can she not use illegal drugs and alcohol instead"!

Thanks in advance,
Thinking of you and your good wife!

Everything is crossed and hope for a very positive outcome

Long shot Richard and I'm sure you will have already gone through it but are either of you still 'UK' citizens living in Holland? Does our NHS not possibly cover you then? They generally seem happy to send help to anywhere else in the world. I'd contact the BBC, they might be glad of a storyline to get their teeth into. If nothing else it may help to swell and go fund me option etc.
Be strong the pair of you 💝

Unfortunately the NHS cannot help with this situation bud we have tried so many avenues and she was even interviewed about her story many years ago when we were last in the UK! Thanks anyway for thinking of solutions bus! 👍
Thanks everyone else above it means a lot with all of your support!

Back