• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

URGENT JAE NEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Right then guys and girls, there have been some updated with regards to JAE 2018.

John Fuggles (the main event organiser) stepped down in September 2017 as part of the JAE team. The torch was left to Nigel, who has been John's apprentice for many years. It now turns out that Nigel too is walking away, but he is overseeing the 2018 event with the new admin team.

The show is now only a THREE DAY show, so it will be from Friday 31st Aug to Sun 2nd Sep.

Tickets are still £45 each / £90 for a family up to three children (under 12's are still free with each paying adult ticket / family ticket allows 2 adults and up to 3 children up to 16 years of age).

I aired my concerns with regards to the lack of information supplied to clubs, and was met with half arsed responses from an unknown new member of the admin team. I asked why the decision to drop from a 4 day show to a 3 day show was not communicated with the clubs, and why the clubs were not part of the decision making process. I was then informed that "most club reps" were informed... this is a lie. No one knows what is going on.

The official reason given for the dropping of a day is due to increased costs from contractors (security/medical teams/etc). But, as I pointed out, if this had been communicated with the clubs and we were given the option of still attending from the Thursday but for a higher ticket price, people may have opted to pay the higher price to get there on Thursday. After all, it's still a full weekend event.

Basically, due to the way the transition has been handled, and due to the fact there has been no communication, there has been uproar amongst the clubs that regularly attend. From the looks of it, most clubs are now pulling out. Whether that's a knee jerk reaction to the news or not, I have no idea. But the attendance figures have been dropping each year since we started going, and from the sounds of it, this year will be the worst yet.

In my humble opinion, this year will be the last for JAE, unless they can do some serious damage repairs very quickly.

On this note, coupled with the fact that last year I had to work 40 hours over 3 days just to get there, I will not be in attendance this year meaning I will no longer be organising this event. If someone else would like to take over the organisation of the event, they can feel free.

Also, with the latest update on the situation, if anyone wants to drop out who has paid a deposit, this can be refunded.

HOWEVER - PLOT TWIST.

As I am now no longer organising the attendance of JAE... I am going to turn my efforts to organising our own dedicated event. Dates/details are unknown as of yet. I am thinking possibly either the week BEFORE or the week AFTER JAE. These weeks work well due to the weather/time of year.
The week before would still be in school holidays, which will be great for families, whereas the week after will be when the kids are back to school, but it would also make the event cheaper (rates to rent land etc will be lower when the kids are back at school).

If this is to go ahead, it will be a 4 day event (just like JAE used to be. Arrive Thursday, go home Sunday. It will be open to other car clubs if they should wish to attend, and there will also be availability for any traders we have in the club to have their own trade stands. Entertainment will be provided by live music / DJ / rockaoke (those who have been to JAE for the last 2 years will know the deal).

Obviously at the moment costs are unknown, but I reckon will be significantly cheaper than tickets for JAE as we won't have all the other shit that goes with it.

So... if you name is on the JAE list, I need to know if you want to keep your deposit towards your JAE ticket and still attend, or if you would like your deposit to be transferred to the new EOC organised event, or if you would like a refund until you know more details.

I'm happy for my deposit to b transferred to the new EOC Event. thanks

Can't remember if I paid a deposit or not 😢 but I'm happy to transfer to the other event if I have

Can't remember if I paid a deposit or not 😢 but I'm happy to transfer to the other event if I have

Hi Mike, nope, no deposit from yourself. Thought you were supposed to be travelling the world this year?

Deposit paid and we want to go to the EOC event. But not the week after JAE please. It’s the one and only weekend we couldn’t make it as there’s a reunion going on. Missed it last year for the JAE.......

Just for reference, the week before JAE is August Bank Holiday so would make for a great weekend, but more expensive for venue!

Happy to have deposit transferred. Can't be 100% sure until the dates are known.

Hi Mike, nope, no deposit from yourself. Thought you were supposed to be travelling the world this year?
Yes I'm starting off in may, heading for Bulgaria ( have friends there) then a family wedding on Zantos thought if it's in September I may be back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back