• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

UPDATE - REMOVAL OF ABILITY TO EDIT POSTS

Me too
The only time i edit is if i've made mistakes (speeeling etc) which i do a lot or if i think twice about something but "NEVER" after a post has been replied to(at least i don't think i have) (didn't think we could anyway)

Me too
The only time i edit is if i've made mistakes (speeeling etc) which i do a lot or if i think twice about something but "NEVER" after a post has been replied to(at least i don't think i have) (didn't think we could anyway)
I’m exactly same , I’m always editing my posts due to missing complete words out , sometimes more than one word , and my spelling is total bollicks aswell , so I guess even more people won’t be able to understand my posts now than before lol 😂

Me too
I don't come here as often as I once did so have missed some of the shenanigans that have led to this but understand why it's been implemented. Like you, I only use the edit function to change mistakes rather than to mislead. I was however going to edit one of my 'how to' threads as the pictures have been lost. Should have got on with it!

Yes I noticed this the other day,made a few spelling mistakes went to correct it but couldn't 😲😲

Seems to me that if you make a post that you later regret then you could just as easily go back and delete it completely, so unless you also remove the delete option I can't see how this will make any difference, apart from being a PITA to technical thread changes.

Seems a bit extreme to inconvenience the many to stop an infrequent problem.

Another forum i use allows every one to view the edit history of a post. So it shows it has had an edit and you can click to view the original version of the post. This surely would solve the abuse then edit issue without making it a pain for simple honest edits.

Me too
OK to add to my reply above ----i can see why this has come about as i have witnessed a few problems over past weeks and have been drawn into a couple of them (think i acted responsibly and even tried to educate some)(correct me by all means if i'm incorrect)
I can also read between the lines and can understand where the "abuse" of the edit could have occurred (if my thoughts are right then again i understand the removal of edit);) as said posts can be deleted ???
I thought that the past two or three weeks were showing the club was coming back together as a family forum where it counts etc ,at least from what i've seen !!
As said i can understand, but, it still feels wrong that such things have to effect the many when caused by the few
still love the place
Keep going admin , your doing a great job and i know it's hard sometimes :heart_eyes:

Posts can be deleted yes. But only soft delete. We, the admins, can still see them and will reinstate them if needs be. But still want members to be able to delete duplicate posts or replies in the wrong place.

If this is abused also, then that functionality will be switched off too.

Just because we (the admins) don't necessarily post a lot, we still keep an eye on what's going on across the forum.

To be honest I am disappointed about this.
I appreciated the function to reassess, refine and correct elements of any Elgrand related post I've made.
It benefits the readers and makes me feel more, if you like - professional with my words.
Oh and yes, the ability to pull my stupid pissed words and act like an adult was a great advantage too.
Gone.

Last edited:
I too used to use the edit to correct spelling after I had posted them.
Sometimes the layout did not look right when I have added photos etc.
Maybe there should be time delay. Say 5 min.

What's the chance of a £12 refund?

Don't really post much on here these days but I'm also very much in the post, realise it's garbage I've written and immediately edit (hopefully) before anyone has noticed club!

Doesn't really make much difference to me at the moment but would get annoying if I was contributing more.

Not knocking your desicion - bigger these things get the more problems arise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back