• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Trusted traders

JD_Scots_89

Active Newbie
Scotland
Reaction score
First Name
Jacek
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Scotland
Hi folks further working on my first 10 posts as well as trying to establish best way to get my dream Elgrand.
I'll be honest I am far too busy between work 2 kids, wife etc. To drive up and down the country checking 40 cars or going through hassle of importing one myself (and checking 100+ in the process.) Or trying to figure out how to check how genuine the car description is. I have seen some traders in the trade section as well as the name vine place thrown around a bit. Bearing all this in mind.
Are there any traders around that you would be comfortable simply buying a car from based on the description provided on their website?
Or would you say not a bloody chance go Jim through the hoops o finding vin getting all the checks etc done by yourself?

Are there any traders around that you would be comfortable simply buying a car from based on the description provided on their website?
https://winchestercarimports.co.uk/

Active on this forum as Winchester. He's a car enthusiast and Elgrand enthusiast... and does more as standard to his cars than anyone else. Also a bit of a perfectionist.

Because he does his own work, you know it's all done right, not rushed by a disinterested employee. He also selects vehicles carefully, focusing in on the more premium end.

Price are a little higher than the competition but when you look at the proactive maintenance he does on the vehicles it works out as good value.

Edit: to be clear, I'd happily buy unseen from any of the traders on here. Winchester would still be the first I'd look at but reading the other posts I've realised highlighting only Winchester is a little like being asked who's pretty at a Miss Universe contest and me picking only one out - they're all pretty 😀

I've now got images of them all in swimsuits... 😳

Last edited:
Hi folks further working on my first 10 posts as well as trying to establish best way to get my dream Elgrand.
I'll be honest I am far too busy between work 2 kids, wife etc. To drive up and down the country checking 40 cars or going through hassle of importing one myself (and checking 100+ in the process.) Or trying to figure out how to check how genuine the car description is. I have seen some traders in the trade section as well as the name vine place thrown around a bit. Bearing all this in mind.
Or would you say not a bloody chance go Jim through the hoops o finding vin getting all the checks etc done by yourself?
Hi @JD_Scots_89

Loads of ours are sold unseen and many customers from Scotland, not had any complaints yet (that I’m aware of).

We have 30+ Elgrand in stock all very fair priced and extensive work done pre sale.

Feel free to call me or WhatsApp me Monday onwards if you like.

But also as @LeStempy says you should be fine with any of the trusted dealers on EOC. 👍

Matt 😁

@Just Japanese

I don't think any dealers here would be allowed in the trade section if they were found to be misadvertising anything.

That being said it's also no big deal to ask for the VIN or auction sheet / export certificate. All happily provide it so no harm in asking and gives some peace of mind anyway.

When we deal with longer distance buyers we always offer an in depth video walkaround etc as well as collection from Heathrow Airport (which we have done a number of times now :) )

Back