• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

TRIAL RUN - GET PAID FOR YOUR HELP

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
I came up with an idea that I have passed by the admin team and we have agreed to do a trial run for it.

So here is the premise, and if it works well, then we'll be rolling this out more often - details of how it will be done will be released based on the results of this trial. The idea is that there is £50 up for grabs (ooooh).

The £50 is to go to a member for a Modification or Repair they are doing on their Elgrand as long as they do a how to guide for it. Now you may not get the full £50, but that is the LIMIT of what is available. If your repair/modification only comes to £30, you'll get the £30 back which will leave £20 for someone else to do another guide.

Whatever the repair or modification is, you need to propose the idea to the admin team (drop one of us a PM and we can then discuss it). We will then decide between us if the proposed repair/modification is something that the community will benefit from. The guide needs to be something that isn't self explanatory or comes with instructions. Ie, we won't accept guides for things like "I bought this plug in USB charger for my phone... you plug it into the cigarette lighter socket, then put your phone cable in and BOOM, your phone will charge". It has to be something involved that NEEDS a guide rather than common sense. This is why the admin team will then decide on whether or not it is something worth investing in. It also has to be something that we do not already have a guide on how to do.

In order for you to get the money, you will need to do a FULL HOW TO GUIDE on how to perform/install the repair/modification to your Elgrand.
The how to guide must include:
  • List of parts used, including the price you paid and links to where to buy them.
  • Tools used in order to perform the repair/modification.
  • Full instructions, WITH PICTURES, of the process from start to finish.
  • If the guide is for a modification, a small review of how it's working once the install is complete
Once the guide is posted, send a link to the admin team so we can ensure the guide meets all of the above criteria, and then all you need to do is send a copy of the receipt to @dognero and he will transfer the money back to you.

As I said, this is a TRIAL at the moment. So anyone planning any work in the next few weeks, you have the opportunity to receive money towards whatever it is you are doing.

If you are interested in getting your hands on some of the available funds, follow the rules as above and we'll let you know if it's to go ahead or not.

If you would like to discuss this and have any thoughts on how you think this could be improved, please let me know and as I said, we can run another trial later down the line or tweak the rules if we decide to make this an ongoing offer.

Feedback is 100% welcome, both positive and negative :)

Great idea and a great way to show appreciation to members who take the time to offer advice.

Looks like I’m in minority again ,I always help someone for free , it wouldn’t encourage me to help someone or put a post up , but if it helps put more useful how to do posts up great , but I will be waiting for some waste of time posts aswell , the gd thing with a forum every one has different views , and with each new crop of members things change , look forward to some very interesting how to do posts 👍👍

but I will be waiting for some waste of time posts aswell

Well that's why we are going to make sure that anyone wanting to get the pot of gold so to speak will be putting together a guide WORTH doing. We won't just be giving money to anyone for any useless guide. It has to be worthwhile and something that will really help other members.

Looks like I’m in minority again ,I always help someone for free , it wouldn’t encourage me to help someone or put a post up , but if it helps put more useful how to do posts up great , but I will be waiting for some waste of time posts aswell , the gd thing with a forum every one has different views , and with each new crop of members things change , look forward to some very interesting how to do posts 👍👍

I just wish I was good enough to help somebody 😉

I’m planning to do a drain/ refill of the auto trans fluid next week on an E51 - if it stops raining! I’ve already got the fluid, just waiting for the weather. £30 for 5 litres from Halfords, £24 with discount trade card...
TBH I was going to write it up anyway, but I haven’t got photo access yet.

I’m planning to do a drain/ refill of the auto trans fluid next week on an E51 - if it stops raining! I’ve already got the fluid, just waiting for the weather. £30 for 5 litres from Halfords, £24 with discount trade card...

Do a How To Guide for it and you could be seeing your money back :)

Exactly how I feel when I see how awesome and clever some members are 😁
same here

I get my stuff done but im sure its not the right way and wouldn't suggest others follow my methods

Ooh lovely! How about a ‘how to put £50 worth of petrol in your Elgrand’ guide?
What about a how to pour a jack daniels a d coke. Or did Karl do that one to death on live demonstrations last weekend 😁😂

What about a how to pour a jack daniels a d coke. Or did Karl do that one to death on live demonstrations last weekend 😁😂

Oh I'm good at that, and drinking it 🤤

@Snoopy11, apparently I need to teach @Pippa how to do it as based on the smell of my drinking flask on Sunday morning, she forgot to put coke in it 😂😂

Back