• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Hi all. And while Mordor goes completely crazy. We do not plan beyond 1-2 days.
Body work has been halted.
I spend only scheduled repairs (replacement of silent blocks, shock absorbers and oil).
We went to an interesting place "Pike Lake".
Some pre-apocalyptic photos from the "journey".

Enjoying this blog! Just wondering - what wheels do you have on your van?

Hello from Siberia)
Well, it seems like winter has begun) at night -20) In the afternoon -7 warm) I
want to write something, but nothing really happens with the Tractor) The tractor drives, carries all sorts of weights, tried to drown it in the snow - it doesn’t sink, it rows with all its paws)
For repair. nothing special. did a scheduled inspection of the suspension, revealed one silent block on the rear lower longitudinal rod, which is asking for a replacement - I will do it a little later (not critical). I plan to change the filter and oil in the engine (standard procedure).
Body .. I think I will do it in the spring.
now El looks more like Frankenstein, without a rear bumper, the right side is one color, the left is another)) In general, nothing special, El rides well and well))

I'll tell you about one machine that I owned for 8 months. Isuzu bighorn 2001. Engine 6VE1 3.5 liters. 235 horsepower o_O. To be honest, it was a crazy act) to buy such a gasoline-eater) This monster ate 25 liters per 100 km, regardless of whether it was a track or off-road. )) There was one drawback - an extremely unreliable automatic transmission from General Motors - 4l30E, damn it. 2 attempts to repair this creature have failed. The creature was kicking and deafening o_O. But. What I liked is the feeling that you are floating on the road, a magnificent interior, ideal seats, ideal proportions of the body (square shape), this is (a great invention of man) the TOD transmission, where I could turn on the auto mode and, without fear of ice, rush at a speed of 100 km / h on track). And the greatest thing is that I was able to sell this Bighorn without losing money)) By the way, after the bighorn, I realized that I like the auto WD mode, like on Elgrand (one of the reasons why I bought Elgrand). Elgrand.. However, this is a completely different story.
some photos of Zeleboba (as I called him):
Now it's on sale again.

- 26 degs ! ❄️❄️

Wow, how do you stop your diesel from freezing, in fact how do you stop everything from freezing.🥶
And diesel ... I have El stored at night in the garage. I try to maintain the temperature in the garage around -10 or -15 degrees, this is provided that it is about -30 and below outside. In order, because in a warm garage it rusts faster. -10, -15 is quite a comfortable temperature for a diesel engine. Sometimes I add diesel additives. Once, at -45, while moving along the highway, diesel fuel began to freeze in the tubes, as a result, the fuel filter clogged up and I somehow drove to the city))))

With these freezing temperatures and snow, I assumed you lived in the far north. Then I read that the beautiful Lake Baikal near you is at a similar latitude to the UK.

I'm glad we've got the gulf stream to keep our air relatively warm but am following your posts worth renewed interest... should climate change shift that current elsewhere, we'll all be glad of your tips for running our cars in such low temperatures!

With these freezing temperatures and snow, I assumed you lived in the far north. Then I read that the beautiful Lake Baikal near you is at a similar latitude to the UK.

I'm glad we've got the gulf stream to keep our air relatively warm but am following your posts worth renewed interest... should climate change shift that current elsewhere, we'll all be glad of your tips for running our cars in such low temperatures!
Baikal is 120 km away from me. It is a pity that we do not feel much of its influence on our climate. It would be a little warmer, but damp .. Our neighbors Yakutia have much lower frosts ..

And the city of Baikalsk, which is located on Lake Baikal, is protected from low frosts. But in winter they have frost "bites" due to high humidity) in general, I would advise you to visit Baikal (wild, not popular places) in August and February (when the ice rises).

some flu)
The whole family got a little sick with the flu .. A vile disease, covid was easier ..
12.12 had the honor of getting the flu) I changed the oil, when changing the filter, I noticed the turbine pipe in the oil. Overwhelmed by sad thoughts about the upcoming replacement of the turbine ..
Well, well, I have to ..
I scheduled a small repair
- replacement of oil seals on the front and rear engine + replacement of the oil seal on the automatic transmission (since climbing there),
- checking oil pump gaskets,
- Replaced oil pan gasket.
Also detection of leaks from the tubes of the steering rack, steering pump. revision of brake calipers. Restoration of the hand brake mechanism. Weld the front left shock absorber mount. Replacing the crosses of the front driveshaft. Removal of front and rear heater radiators, cleaning. Changing the oil in the rear, front gearboxes.

Back