• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
Hello friends!) I'm one of Russia here. I live in Siberia, near the beautiful Lake Baikal.
I have Elgrand E50 for 5 years. But I think I’m with him all my life).
Before Elgrand, there were enough cars and Nissan Patrol (Y60 / 61) and Isuzu Bighorn, there was a Russian military SUV UAZ Hunter. I mixed enough mud in our taiga. But then there was a family, children and I had to realize my old dream - an all-wheel drive minibus. I chose for a long time and looked at Delika and Alphard and so on. But Elgrand won over everyone. Its main advantage is the QD32 engine. In Russia, the family of diesel engines TD27, 42, QD32 is called "millionaires", because such engines in our harsh climate and with poor fuel are capable of driving a million kilometers and this is not a joke, but a fact.
Options: QD 32 diesel. 4x4.

Here I will sometimes write about the operation of my tractor and problems) Let's call this the "Tractor" diary))

and as always - sorry for my english)

Hopefully you won't be writing here often with problems I also love my qd32 ideal for where your located in harsh conditions :)
There are enough problems) The machine is old and with solid mileage) or rather, I bought its mileage is 290,000 km. 2 weeks after the purchase, my speedometer broke down)) and I drove for 5 years without a speedometer))) now, I redid the wiring and restored the speedometer circuit. and it works. For 5 years, I think I have driven more than one hundred kilometers)) On average, I drive about 1900-2500 km per month, this is only for work, not counting travel and my worries)
Considering that EL had many owners ..

This is what my El looked like before becoming a tractor)
Due to work, objects are often located in hard-to-reach places. I had to lift EL.
This is the first trip to Lake Baikal on the updated El.
Suspension lift + BF goodrich tires - ideal for long off-road trips.

Great pics @ELSib ,and don't worry, your English is way better than my Russian! 😆

Looks gd , love the roof rack , and lifted suspension, wouldn’t mind similar myself , and defo don’t worry about your English , it’s a lot better than mine 👍👍

Okay, I'll do it this weekend. I remove the trunk for the winter, El does not fit in the garage.
You don’t have to do that , next year is gd enough , no hurry at all , just thought u might have some pics , might do this for sept next year hols

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
What fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh, hey

Well, here's a surprise from my tractor) Starting the tractor in the garage this morning. I leave the garage, then go back to close it and see oil on the floor ..........
Merry Christmas friends)

Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
What fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh, hey

Well, here's a surprise from my tractor) Starting the tractor in the garage this morning. I leave the garage, then go back to close it and see oil on the floor ..........
Merry Christmas friends)
Gearbox or Engine Oil?

Oh and my Uncle used to have a sleigh back in the day in Poland.

I have noticed for a long time that the valve cover gasket "sweats" with oil. I'll do it after the holidays.

The tractor is waiting for a great service in my garage. Replacement of gaskets, hoses, installation of body parts, welding, rust removal, rebuild ABS, cleaning heater radiators.

You have done a lot of miles in the van so the gaskets could be perishing, BTW what's the temperature now in Siberia?
Well, I think the main reason is that my tractor is tired) He was tired 5 years ago. But for not having the best, I ride this)

Back