• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

I'm no expert on tyres, especially those types of winter tyre, what lifespan given your country and conditions would you expect to get from them?
My 1st instinct is that 5 years is not too bad for a tyre to last?
I know. Depends on mileage and alignment of course, but also age.
My MX-5, which is an '18 plate, got Sept '17 tyres on it. Still got 4.5mm easy on the front, 3mm on the back (RWD) on 15.5K miles, and don't get driven in the wet, but I'm replacing them in the spring.

Пять лет хороший срок. Тем более для тяжелого авто. Китайская резина нормальная. Максис, например.

Пять лет хороший срок. Тем более для тяжелого авто. Китайская резина нормальная. Максис, например.
That looks like the writing on the side of my knackered tyres.

Hi all))Another repair) Eliminating myrrh-streaming.
So... I'm tired of pouring oil on the sidewalk.Let's start)

This is what it looked like. Very sad.

I wondered how to unscrew the pulley..
The engine helped me. We fix the tool with a pipe. Disconnect the chip from the starter relay. And quickly give it a “+”.
The engine itself tore off the nut, after which it quickly unscrewed it by hand...
Important! Do not turn on the ignition, otherwise you will start the engine and catch a pipe in the ceiling or head!
We remove the pulley. 5 liters of gasoline and almost everything is clean..
We take a new oil seal and change it.
Let's move on to the vacuum pump.
This beast hid deep.
To get it I had to:
- unscrew the steering pump
- remove the engine mount.
- unscrew all pipes from the steering pump and vacuum pump.
-unscrew the 3 bolts that secure the vacuum pump. Pull it out slightly. After this, unscrew the oil supply pipe to the vacuum pump.
Put it back. Wash everything.

Boris you are a brave man undoing the crank pulley bolt via the starter motor.

I was going to do this on the Delica but chickened out

The Delica has a pulley with two parts sandwiched together with a rubber band, for harmonic dampening - silly design as the rubber perishes and the outer ring of the pulley parts company from the shaft, usually flying through the radiator.

IMG_4654.jpeg

I made this locking tool for undoing and re-torquing the pulley bolt, it locks the pulley and allows access for the socket and breaker bar.

IMG_4650.jpeg
IMG_4653.jpeg
IMG_4651.jpeg

Good luck stay safe-ish.😆👍

Boris you are a brave man undoing the crank pulley bolt via the starter motor.

I was going to do this on the Delica but chickened out

The Delica has a pulley with two parts sandwiched together with a rubber band, for harmonic dampening - silly design as the rubber perishes and the outer ring of the pulley parts company from the shaft, usually flying through the radiator.

View attachment 100012

I made this locking tool for undoing and re-torquing the pulley bolt, it locks the pulley and allows access for the socket and breaker bar.

View attachment 100009
View attachment 100010
View attachment 100011

Good luck stay safe-ish.😆👍
excellent invention) very interesting pulley. is this 4m40? Mitsubishi are always more technologically advanced.

The crime has been solved.
Yesterday evening I opened the fuel pump cap. An error was discovered when installing the injection pump in 2020.. The installation was done by a “professional” service.. I am drawing conclusions.. Today we are dismantling the pump, replacing the oil seal, installing the pump and adjusting the plunger according to the bible on Qd32eti..
The reason I started working on the pump was unstable engine operation, error 21 - injection timing control.

Conclusion. Trust but check..

You seem to walk the same road as me, yours is one tooth advanced and mine was one tooth retarded.
View attachment 100040
It ran but not good.
It's a sad situation. This needs to be fixed. If your fuel injection pump is controlled electronically, then definitely!!

Yes it is done now, the error occurred due to the teeth on the pump gear being cut at an angle - so as you slide the pump in to place the gear rotates one tooth.💡

IMG_1543.jpeg

👍

So)
After dismantling the fuel injection pump gear cover, we have 2 long bolts. We unscrew the nut on the injection pump gear, screw 2 long bolts into the injection pump gear and hold the gear in our hands.
I immediately noticed that there was diesel fuel on the gear, which meant that the fuel injection pump shaft seal was worn out.
I installed a new seal.

The wire to the fuel injection pump speed sensor is broken, I'll fix it later..
Unscrewed the injection pump air bleeder bolt. I screwed in the pre-purchased adapter for the hour indicator.
Along the way, I saw another source of oil leakage - the oil pressure sensor. I couldn’t find the size of the tool, so I used a tool that we call a pike.
This evening we will try to install a fuel injection pump with a clock indicator; if it doesn’t work and the indicator hits the starter, I’ll have to dismantle the starter)

Your front seal is the same make (zexel) as my 4m40 but the part number is a few digets different.

What amazed me when i rebuilt the pump was the pump main shaft had a groove worn into it ( not deep but you feel it ) this was from the front seal, the front seal is rubber and the shaft is tool steel, how the hell does that happen ?

IMG_2065.jpeg
Keep us updated.....👍🏻

Your front seal is the same make (zexel) as my 4m40 but the part number is a few digets different.

What amazed me when i rebuilt the pump was the pump main shaft had a groove worn into it ( not deep but you feel it ) this was from the front seal, the front seal is rubber and the shaft is tool steel, how the hell does that happen ?

View attachment 100106
Keep us updated.....👍🏻
diesel engines from the 80s and 90s .. then there were only 2 manufacturers Zexel and Bosch. all pumps are almost the same... such grooves are a common occurrence. It happens, you shouldn’t forget how old the car is) nothing lasts forever...

Another evening
)I bought an oil and petrol resistant sheet of paronite.
I cut out the fuel injection pump gasket.
I bought and installed a new oil pressure sensor.
Installed the injection pump.The most important and difficult moment (as I thought) is installing the pump gear. Because you need to hit the marks and get into the spline.
As I did. We put the gear on the injection pump shaft (where the thread is), having previously aligned the marks. To get into the spline, I turned the camshaft pulley right/left and slowly pressed the injection pump gear with my hand. When the gear hits the spline, the pump shaft begins to rotate. Tightened the nut.Tomorrow I plan to dismantle the starter, since the starter relay interferes with installing the hour indicator..

Back