• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
Hi all. And while Mordor goes completely crazy. We do not plan beyond 1-2 days.
Body work has been halted.
I spend only scheduled repairs (replacement of silent blocks, shock absorbers and oil).
We went to an interesting place "Pike Lake".
Some pre-apocalyptic photos from the "journey".

theorhys

Active Newbie
London
Reaction score
First Name
Theo
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
London
Enjoying this blog! Just wondering - what wheels do you have on your van?

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
Hello from Siberia)
Well, it seems like winter has begun) at night -20) In the afternoon -7 warm) I
want to write something, but nothing really happens with the Tractor) The tractor drives, carries all sorts of weights, tried to drown it in the snow - it doesn’t sink, it rows with all its paws)
For repair. nothing special. did a scheduled inspection of the suspension, revealed one silent block on the rear lower longitudinal rod, which is asking for a replacement - I will do it a little later (not critical). I plan to change the filter and oil in the engine (standard procedure).
Body .. I think I will do it in the spring.
now El looks more like Frankenstein, without a rear bumper, the right side is one color, the left is another)) In general, nothing special, El rides well and well))

I'll tell you about one machine that I owned for 8 months. Isuzu bighorn 2001. Engine 6VE1 3.5 liters. 235 horsepower o_O. To be honest, it was a crazy act) to buy such a gasoline-eater) This monster ate 25 liters per 100 km, regardless of whether it was a track or off-road. )) There was one drawback - an extremely unreliable automatic transmission from General Motors - 4l30E, damn it. 2 attempts to repair this creature have failed. The creature was kicking and deafening o_O. But. What I liked is the feeling that you are floating on the road, a magnificent interior, ideal seats, ideal proportions of the body (square shape), this is (a great invention of man) the TOD transmission, where I could turn on the auto mode and, without fear of ice, rush at a speed of 100 km / h on track). And the greatest thing is that I was able to sell this Bighorn without losing money)) By the way, after the bighorn, I realized that I like the auto WD mode, like on Elgrand (one of the reasons why I bought Elgrand). Elgrand.. However, this is a completely different story.
some photos of Zeleboba (as I called him):
Now it's on sale again.

Bob Edwards

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
South East
Reaction score
First Name
robert
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
great pics nice to see an enthusiastic turnout :cool:

WhatsThisFor

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
- 26 degs ! ❄️❄️

Wow, how do you stop your diesel from freezing, in fact how do you stop everything from freezing.🥶

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
- 26 degs ! ❄️❄️

Wow, how do you stop your diesel from freezing, in fact how do you stop everything from freezing.🥶
This is not the coldest) it can even reach - 45. A Siberian is not one who does not freeze, but one who dresses warmly)

WhatsThisFor

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
If I come to visit - I will look like this.

1AD63BE2-1757-42E1-9768-D02D2A5E8F1D.jpeg
I don’t like the cold, unless I’m warm.

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
- 26 degs ! ❄️❄️

And diesel ... I have El stored at night in the garage. I try to maintain the temperature in the garage around -10 or -15 degrees, this is provided that it is about -30 and below outside. In order, because in a warm garage it rusts faster. -10, -15 is quite a comfortable temperature for a diesel engine. Sometimes I add diesel additives. Once, at -45, while moving along the highway, diesel fuel began to freeze in the tubes, as a result, the fuel filter clogged up and I somehow drove to the city))))

MarkT

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
With these freezing temperatures and snow, I assumed you lived in the far north. Then I read that the beautiful Lake Baikal near you is at a similar latitude to the UK.

I'm glad we've got the gulf stream to keep our air relatively warm but am following your posts worth renewed interest... should climate change shift that current elsewhere, we'll all be glad of your tips for running our cars in such low temperatures!

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
With these freezing temperatures and snow, I assumed you lived in the far north. Then I read that the beautiful Lake Baikal near you is at a similar latitude to the UK.

I'm glad we've got the gulf stream to keep our air relatively warm but am following your posts worth renewed interest... should climate change shift that current elsewhere, we'll all be glad of your tips for running our cars in such low temperatures!
Baikal is 120 km away from me. It is a pity that we do not feel much of its influence on our climate. It would be a little warmer, but damp .. Our neighbors Yakutia have much lower frosts ..

ELSib

E50 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Boris
Elgrand
E50
Region
Rest Of World
And the city of Baikalsk, which is located on Lake Baikal, is protected from low frosts. But in winter they have frost "bites" due to high humidity) in general, I would advise you to visit Baikal (wild, not popular places) in August and February (when the ice rises).