• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Tracking your Elgrand

Mine looked like this before it was aligned - you can see the model description at the top of the page (Caravan WTF) ?

View attachment 75305

Anywho - it drives straight now and when I do a U turn in the Waitrose Car Park it doesn’t sound like Starsky & Hutch.
is that what it should be set to ?

I think this is correct, but please get some confirmation before using.

1658944841186.png

thats for a highway star though...mine is an XL...
Not sure there's much difference tbh. Lots of folk post the tracking details, but it's not obvious to me what the actual values should be. Hopefully we can get a de-facto set of values for all models, then stick it in the tech section.

Not sure there's much difference tbh. Lots of folk post the tracking details, but it's not obvious to me what the actual values should be. Hopefully we can get a de-facto set of values for all models, then stick it in the tech section.
HWS runs fractionally more camber Nd caster, no doubt for a more dynamic ride, but the acceptable ranges overlap:

So lets get a little chart in the E51 Tech section?

Does anyone have any idea why the alignment targets are different on a HWS compared to an XL. I have Nismo suspension on mine and I have the Nismo settings on my paperwork but they are in relation to a HWS with 17” wheels and I have an XL with 16” wheels so just trying to get my head round it to get the best results. I can post the Nismo settings for anyone that may need them once I’ve translated the document properly.

Does anyone have any idea why the alignment targets are different on a HWS compared to an XL. I have Nismo suspension on mine and I have the Nismo settings on my paperwork but they are in relation to a HWS with 17” wheels and I have an XL with 16” wheels so just trying to get my head round it to get the best results. I can post the Nismo settings for anyone that may need them once I’ve translated the document properly.
As I said when I posted the values, it's probably to give a HWS a more dynamic feel.

More negative camber gives more grip and stability in the corners.

More caster increases the centering force when coming out of a corner.

This comes at the expense of tyre wear.

As I said when I posted the values, it's probably to give a HWS a more dynamic feel.

More negative camber gives more grip and stability in the corners.

More caster increases the centering force when coming out of a corner.

This comes at the expense of tyre wear.
As long as there’s no technical difference that’s ok then. I had been wondering if it was to do with the HWS having 17 factory wheels and the rest 16 as standard or something!

On to the Nismo S-Tune suspension. At a glance everything seems to be the same as the settings on the HWS documentation other than the rear camber increases.

Attachments

• IMG_2787.png
    IMG_2787.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Do Elgrands have a front camber adjustment bolt, really don’t fancy going out in the cold just to have a look so thought I’d ask on here first!

Do Elgrands have a front camber adjustment bolt, really don’t fancy going out in the cold just to have a look so thought I’d ask on here first!
No camber adjustment on the front.

Attachments

• IMG_3296.jpeg
    IMG_3296.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 37
Just in Kwik Fit and we were able to find tracking settings after much hunting (it is a Hunter).

It was in a different folder to most UK cars, there was a whole different section called “Factory Japan”. It was in there under:

Nissan > “Canavan/Homy/Elgrand”. In that folder there were all the E50, E51 and E52s. It was like Christmas!

So make sure they aren’t looking in the UK only section which is the default view that comes up.

Here’s the printout showing where they found it (highlighted).

IMG-0656.jpg

Last edited:
surprised the opparator found it in kwik fit

Interesting thread as I've got issues with the wear on my tyres on the inside edge on the rears. I do have Largus Coilovers which at the time of tracking were adjusted really low by the garage that fitted them. The tracking at the time showed pretty high negative camber of -3°21. The guy in the alignment place said he could only adjust it to that as it was at maximum adjustment. He said if could raise it that may reduce the camber. I've raised by about an inch but haven't had it tracked again. Inside of tyres are now worn out at 3700 miles. This was all aligned with the Hws 17" wheels. Got new boots on my 18's to put on and need alignment done but the place I go to ain't got space till 30th and I got MOT next week.
Anyways won't waffle on but was looking at the shock absorber at the rear and wondering if they have been put on correctly and if they are handed. The adjuster is facing inwards. Not sure if that would make a difference to the camber. Wondering if anyone with Coilovers would know especially if they have the Largus ones. Any help appreciated.
20240404_102940.jpg

Just in Kwik Fit and we were able to find tracking settings after much hunting (it is a Hunter).

It was in a different folder to most UK cars, there was a whole different section called “Factory Japan”. It was in there under:

Nissan > “Canavan/Homy/Elgrand”. In that folder there were all the E50, E51 and E52s. It was like Christmas!

So make sure they aren’t looking in the UK only section which is the default view that comes up.

Here’s the printout showing where they found it (highlighted).

IMG-0656.jpg
Thanks for that info. Saved if needed for future reference 👍

btw, what did they actually change? Most stuff in the red before, still is?

Thanks for that info. Saved if needed for future reference 👍

btw, what did they actually change? Most stuff in the red before, still is?
No worries. Best not ask, it was £65! They improved the front but nothing on the rear. I was just pleased they found the right settings.

No worries. Best not ask, it was £65! They improved the front but nothing on the rear. I was just pleased they found the right settings.
Can the rears be changed? Or are they kind of fixed? I thought FWD cars are fixed on the back, but I thought RWD cars aren't? Or maybe it is a technician ability 'skill' thing, or not as the case might be?

Back