• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Tracking your Elgrand

the Michelin cross climates on my nippers french monstrosity rifter are near there wear limits and that is only 9 months old his is about the same weight but front wheel drive

Had the Goodyears on mine for 16k miles and probably about half worn, pretty evenly all over so don't seem to have a camber issue even though the suspension is well past it's best before date, or maybe because of that.

Had the Goodyears on mine for 16k miles and probably about half worn, pretty evenly all over so don't seem to have a camber issue even though the suspension is well past it's best before date, or maybe because of that.

I've been wondering if my suspension is worn and that is causing the issue

Here you go

@Stempy in post #32 you add links to PDF's for the front a rear suspension. Unfortunately the formatting of them all looks messed up when I open them. Possibly because I don't have the correct Japanese font installed. However do these contain information about the mechanical set-up of suspension components, or do they also have information about the tracking settings?

@Stempy in post #32 you add links to PDF's for the front a rear suspension. Unfortunately the formatting of them all looks messed up when I open them. Possibly because I don't have the correct Japanese font installed. However do these contain information about the mechanical set-up of suspension components, or do they also have information about the tracking settings?
Sadly Stempy was banned some time ago so is no longer on here.

I'm going to be getting some work done (bushes replaced) at the front of my vehicle and the garage is recommending that I get the tracking checked. I know that this thread is recommending the Hunter Tracking Machine is used, however the garage says that they have the Supertracker system.

They tell me that they don't need to have any specs for the Elgrand in order to set it up. This may well be the case, however I'd like to be able to supply them with some information on the Elgrand as they've never had one in the garage before.

Are there some specs I can give them?

Stempy says all the info u need is there, are u using Acrobat? If so, don't.

they may be able to do as said BUT dont let them set your tracking to an e52 as that is normally the go-to when they type in Elgrand on the hunter system

give them this
IMG_20220322_132355.jpg
IMG_20220322_132415.jpg
IMG_20220322_132427.jpg

@Bob Edwards that second pic is a tad wobbly, what the hell were you doing whilst taking that? 😂😇

i had been out in the garden think my sugar levels were low :joy: i am 64 and 1/2 with diabetes and high blood pressure :rolleyes: sometimes shake like elvis on speed :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

i had been out in the garden think my sugar levels were low :joy: i am 64 and 1/2 with diabetes and high blood pressure :rolleyes: sometimes shake like elvis on speed :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
OMG I feel a little bit bad now lol.

Only a little bit, mind.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: see me after 5 pints im all over the dance floor 🕺🕺🕺

i have posted mine on here before but could not find it or my original sheet from the garage so popped those up as a quick reference sorry for the shakey one

The tracking is something I definitely want checked,as the Elgrand we have a deposit on pulls to the left.
Dealer has said he will check it & get it corrected.

Mine looked like this before it was aligned - you can see the model description at the top of the page (Caravan WTF) ?

BD8DB083-01BC-44F1-8516-AD8ECB701690.jpeg

Anywho - it drives straight now and when I do a U turn in the Waitrose Car Park it doesn’t sound like Starsky & Hutch.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am about to take my van for a wheel alignment. Would you clear my doubts what the settings are for the NE51 Rider on standard suspension?

TIA,
Michal

Back