• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Tiny mirror on the front guard.

JeremeyH

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
jeremey
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Who else thinks the tiny mirror on the front guard is totally useless? It has two tiny half moon shaped mirrors in it and shows absolutely nothing!

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Elgrand
E51
That's an aftermarket addition added by someone in Japan because they thought it was cool.

JeremeyH

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
jeremey
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
That's an aftermarket addition added by someone in Japan because they thought it was cool.
It's completely useless! 😂😂 I'd remove it if it wasn't for the holes in the guard

Tim C

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Elgrand
E51
It's completely useless! 😂😂 I'd remove it if it wasn't for the holes in the guard
That is unfortunate, you will have to think of it as classic JDM cool! The Japanese do like to accessorise, they have whole supermarkets full of car bits!

Snoopy11

Staff member
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
It’s a factory fit parking mirror. A lot of the series 3 have them.
I agree they are useless. 😂

JeremeyH

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
jeremey
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
My series 3 is missing any AV inputs or USB sockets. I do have the fold down monitor on the roof

JeremeyH

Active Newbie
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
jeremey
Elgrand
E51
Region
Rest Of World
Seems a bit pointless when it has all around view camera! 😂

ColytonJohn

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Devon/Cornwall
Reaction score
First Name
John
Elgrand
E51
Region
Devon/Conrwall
When I went looking for my Elgrand it was essential it had a sideview camera due to the tightness of my access lane. One Elgrand I looked at had a camera but also one of these strange mirrors and, when asked why, the dealer said it was because the camera didn't work which was hardly surprising as the indicator was full of water! Needless to say we didn't buy that one.

Rebus-ace

Premium Member
E51 Owner
Midlands
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Elgrand
E51
Region
Midlands
I did some experimenting 🤓 with mine, since the manual shows the two zones it’s supposed to cover.
In practise though, Ifound these zones to pan quite far from the vehicle‘s fender. And after placing plastic 5 litre containers in these zones, even then...it was hard to tell how close the vehicle was during slow movement, and where they were in relation to the wheel.
‘I think one would find it difficult to rely on this somewhat ‘Quaint’ addition, even if you happen to have 20/20 vision—which, like many, I don’t anymore! 🥺. Not to mention...the device gets dirty very quickly 🤔