• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The phone connector

I'll get there eventually hahaha

You need to get to 10 posts mate and then you'll have access.
Is it 10 comments or posts? Its hard enough finding info on these cars as it is lol

Out of interest where does this cable terminate at as if I remove I will be saving weight therefore increasing the MPG rate ;o))))))

If you have a model that has a phone connector attached to the drivers seat... remove it. It's useless. End of discussion.

Or, click the link below if you want to try and get it working.
😂 brutal… but fair.

😂 brutal… but fair.
Yep,

o2fkeWn.jpg

I used a device called a blueant , its receives Bluetooth and sends it to a 3.5mm jack. This worked in our old smax. We don't own an Elgrand yet but it might work.

it's a bit dangerous have a socket there, water spill. anyway a convinent location
Do you understand what fuses are for?

View attachment 76423
This switch is facing upwards as well - phone the Police !
you could try splash some water on the switch and the socket, i guess they have different level of water protection. i would wonder how would you clean the water or softdrink in the sockets.

also for connectors like usbc lightning, the pins are tiny, water droplet may casue excess oxydation on the pin.

you could try splash some water on the switch and the socket, i guess they have different level of water protection. i would wonder how would you clean the water or softdrink in the sockets.

also for connectors like usbc lightning, the pins are tiny, water droplet may casue excess oxydation on the pin.
If you look closely, the sockets have lids which can be closed when not in use.

12v & 5v/USB sockets are mounted vertically in many modern cars, maybe you should advise the major manufacturers that Qingyu from the internet knows better than them.

Last edited:
If you look closely, the sockets have lids which can be closed when not in use.

12v & 5v/USB sockets are mounted vertically in many modern cars, maybe you should advise the major manufacturers that Qingyu from the internet knows better than them.
Im not blind, i can see the lids. im impressed that you close the lids everytime unpluged.
most of cars is socket is rear facing or in the arm rest box. and somehow I can't comment on the downside of a design?

Back