• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

The phone connector

Hello we are newbies and watched a you tube video on how to connect our phones so we can now play music via the Bluetooth connection by adding the phones but haven’t figured how to receive or make a call on it yet via the touch screen if I figure it out will post it... here’s the you tube link if this is helpful

Hello we are newbies and watched a you tube video on how to connect our phones so we can now play music via the Bluetooth connection by adding the phones but haven’t figured how to receive or make a call on it yet via the touch screen if I figure it out will post it... here’s the you tube link if this is helpful
Nice!

Keen to see how this progresses!

I am connecting phone to double din dvd player I have installed, even managing to play dvd's onto the screens!

If you have a model that has a phone connector attached to the drivers seat... remove it. It's useless. End of discussion.

Or, click the link below if you want to try and get it working.
Which model Elgrand are you referring to?

Likely be the E51 S1 , mines a late 2003 & it has phone connection
- cannot say if it made it into the S2 as well ?

Pretty much any model. Both the E50 and E51 have these cables (optional extra) but the cables are for old redundant phones and there are better, more modern ways to get smart connectivity, usually wirelessly.

so I have seen many time people connecting their phones to their Elgrand. is that just through mirroring and do I need to buy something to do that?

A simple bluetooth unit is the cheapest way.

Apologies like I say im really new to all of this but what sort of Bluetooth unit am i looking for?

Apologies like I say im really new to all of this but what sort of Bluetooth unit am i looking for?
One that plugs into the lighter socket is a good place to start.

Once you find your feet there is a wealth of info on the forum and plenty of helpful people. You've started in the right place with the FAQ's.

I forgot to say earlier - thank you for this. I was wondering about converting the end into a normal USB end, but i am not sure its worth the effort, thanks to this thread, nah... I'll do something else instead :)

so annoying trying to get to 10 posts so I can see all the threads that I will actually want to comment on hahaha

Back