• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

THE MODIFIED NATS (19th to 21st April 2019)

I don't think it's because Elgrand owners aren't interested, well not all of them, it's just JAE has died a death and moved to a terrible location and mod nats has just too many rules and restrictions which is such a shame as that had the makings of a quality show.

We really need a decent weekend show that isn't crippled by H&S and rules to keep all the snowflakes happy.

It's a sad time for car owners and car shows...

Reactions: BMR
I agree with both @Mark (Madfish) and @BMR

There is a lack of interest in shows... and I think people don't really understand the full effort, time and stress organising a stand can have on someone. You get people saying "I'd love to attend"... so we go all out, plan it, make it all happen, and then those people who say they wanted to go, don't turn up. All that effort is then felt like a waste, and the motivation to keep doing it dwindles.

Then on the flip side, you get the shows that are just getting ruined. JAE is a farce this year. Norfolk is NOT central. It's an awful location and the organisation has been pretty shocking. I'm still looking into it through, but this is the latest I have left it in the last 4 years to start organising. I'm not even going to be in England that weekend anyway, so JAE is off the table for me.

Mod Nats just scrambled my head when I looked at how to book it all up. You need to book the correct number of plots up front, but I don't know how many plots to book because I don't know how many people are going. The size of the plots is given, but struggling to work out how many cars you can get on one plot... it's not easy at all.

Jap Show and Jap Show Finale are two definites. They are easy to organise and great shows to attend. I'm going to focus on these this year, and I'll be getting ElgrandFest sorted soon. Just need some input from members on this when I get off my arse to sort it out.

I'm toying with the idea of USC... Yes it's a chav fest and certainly not one to take the family too imo but it is a proper car show with lots going on...

If you can manage to get through the weekend without a chav spoiling it then it can be a laugh

I'm toying with the idea of USC... Yes it's a chav fest and certainly not one to take the family too imo but it is a proper car show with lots going on...

If you can manage to get through the weekend without a chav spoiling it then it can be a laugh
I'll be going to USC! After being pestered for so long I was like "Fiiiiiine I'll go!"

Going to struggle attending shows far away early this year while work picks up again since I want to do more filming but we can only see how it goes.

Back